It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I use RRC Team Areas to Limit Artifact Visibility?

Andrew Trobec (49713144139) | asked Jun 18 '13, 7:40 a.m.
retagged Jun 18 '13, 9:06 a.m. by Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613)
Hello,

I am working with RRC 4.0.0.1 and I would like to know how to use Team Areas to limit visibility of the artifacts.  I have defined two Team Areas and I have associated a folder to one of them using the "Assign Team Ownership" option.  A resource that is not part of that Team Area can still view the folder and the artifacts within.

How do I set the folder to private so that only members of the Team Area associated to it can view it?

In RTC I can use Team Areas in conjunction with Categories to remove Work Items completely, even in queries.

Regards,

Andrew

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 18 '13, 8:34 a.m. | edited Jun 18 '13, 9:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry, I could not see a difference. Undone. I would have asked this probably as a single questions. Others might react like I did.

I know that teams finally made it into RQM but I am not sure there are visibility limitations on team areas. Maybe someone else knows more.

Andrew Trobec commented Jun 18 '13, 8:42 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

I opened this question because it concerns RRC.  The one that you listed is for RQM.  They are the same question, but for different tools...
Regards,
Andrew

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dominic Tulley (38114) | answered Jun 18 '13, 9:39 a.m.
Hi,
the access control capability provided via team areas does not include READ access.  It only governs create/modify/delete actions (i.e. data modification).
Today, you can only control read access by splitting data across separate project areas and controlling which users are members of each project.

thanks,

-Dominic
Andrew Trobec selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael Tingey commented Mar 07 '14, 10:47 a.m.

Hi Dominic,

I posted this to another answer but thought it would be good to also comment here.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/144404/is-there-a-way-to-restrict-access-to-specific-rrc-artificatsmodules

This is an important requirement due to our 'need to know' rules and export regulations.  In lieu of this our information security must be done at a Project Area level which is very inefficient.

The group I work in could really use the "read access" restriction.  That is restricting the ability for someone to read the content of an artifact, module, or folder.  By 'read' I mean they cannot know of it's existence.

Can you recommend how to request this enhancement?

One other answer

permanent link
Brad Veitch (11078) | answered Jun 24 '13, 4:42 a.m.

How can I use RRC Team Areas to Limit Artifact Visibility?

I am working with RRC 4.0.0.1 about to upgrade to v4.0.3.  I'm glad that RRC defaults to the folders Team Ownership when you're creating artifacts but I would like to know how to use Team Ownership Areas to view the artifacts owned by a Team in a view or a widget - it's not an artifact that is available to filter on, so why did they include this as an attribute when you can't use it to filter requirement artifacts?
I have a 3 tier Team structure and want to be able to create a view for my artifacts that are at least in the lowest level tiers

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.