It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why newly created RRC subfolders are invisible?

long TRUONG (3654118146) | asked May 28 '14, 1:52 p.m.
 Created a few subfolders to an existing folder. Don't see them, yet if same created, creation failed due to same in existence.

What happened to them. How to make them visible ? at least how can we get rid of them.

Comments
long TRUONG commented May 28 '14, 2:28 p.m.

From my quick observations (new to this project), I wonder if subfolders to a folder already with artifacts will not show up: As similarily structured subfolders  to other folders, otherwise empty of artifacts, do show up.

If that is the case, then is it a bug ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered May 28 '14, 4:49 p.m.
If you have lots of folders (>100) You could be running into https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=71478
long TRUONG selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
long TRUONG commented May 28 '14, 9:44 p.m.

This looks like the same issues we have, as we have far more than 100 leaves (grandchildren) on the dir tree.However:

•  Can't make out from the ticket how to set the parameter so the default limit can be overwritten with a higher one.
  • If it was 100, shouldn't it start disappear when above 100 and continue. Our project dir tree has easily more than 300 visible leaves (grandchildren).

long TRUONG commented Jun 13 '14, 5:18 p.m. | edited Jun 13 '14, 5:19 p.m.

Finally got time to pore over the comments of the defect 71478, especially the last ones, word by word, and have to accept that this is a defect, not fixed in 4.0.3 as first planned, but fixed in 4.0.4; will have to wait for an upgrade from current version 4.0.3 used. Wonder if there is a hot fix for 4.0.3 though.

Had to experiment in PROD to verify occurrences of all variations and more. Workaround not usable though, as artifacts in invisible folders  can be queried for, but the sub-folders themselves cannot. Hence unless initially created while folders still visible, there are no way to add artifacts after a refresh, when folders have disappear.

long TRUONG commented Jun 13 '14, 9:37 p.m.

from Don Yang: Hotfix request 274074: Missing subfolders defect 71478 for v4.0.3 RRC 

3 other answers

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered May 28 '14, 2:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Having artifacts in a folder shouldn't prevent you from creating a sub-folder.  I can't think of any reasons why you could create a folder but not see it.  This sounds like a defect to me... I would suggest you open a bug report (https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem)

Comments
long TRUONG commented May 28 '14, 3:23 p.m.

Thanks Kirk,

Agree. Will be testing this out shortly, once I have access to DEV. 

long TRUONG commented May 28 '14, 9:44 p.m.

Still have no access to our DEV env (RRC 4.0.3), so I had to test on IBM sandbox (RRC 4.0.6) and my suspicion does not hold true there. 

Pls see comments on Brian's answer for progress.

long TRUONG commented May 29 '14, 7:26 p.m.

My suspicion does not hold on our DEV env (4.0.3) either. 

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered May 28 '14, 3:05 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Agree.  If you can reproduce this on any project/server, you're free to log a defect as Kirk suggested.  But I don't think that will be the case as I haven't seen this problem before.  I would suggest contacting support to investigate this.  Hope it helps,

Comments
long TRUONG commented May 28 '14, 3:24 p.m.

Thanks Benjamin,

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered May 28 '14, 3:20 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You didn't say which version of RRC you are using.

Particularly if you are using one of the older versions ... if your server's CPU is very busy, it may take a little while for the RM indexer to catch up. After a couple of minutes, if you refresh the page in the browser, you should see the folders.

Comments
long TRUONG commented May 28 '14, 3:25 p.m.
Thanks Daniel.

RRC 4.0.3

It has been more than a week, still not showing up. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.