It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

no rm_user, and qm_user in CLM 4.0.5 upgraded initailly from version 2

Mahari Hill (4861169230) | asked Jan 30 '15, 12:26 a.m.
edited Aug 07 '15, 3:08 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103)
OK, on to Dept #3.

This department exported their work items from v2 and v3 of CLM in to CLM 405. (SQL Server, Active Directory). When I first took control of CLM I created a lifecycle project for them (analyst,developer) I tried to create (analyst,developer,quality) but I can't create a QM project. (They currently don't have QM licenses, but have created a DB and a QM project they no longer use).

Anyway, I don't know how this was installed, but there is no rm_user or qm_user. Are these needed? How do I create them? Do I have to put them in LDAP?

Since they have been using the product for a year+, the answer of "Those accounts are automatically created when installing the product" is not going to help me. What do I need to do now for them?

They expect to be upgraded to 502 or 60, but I am not sure the upgrade is going to work without these accounts.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 30 '15, 3:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If they started with version 2.x they might not have these users. In the upgrade to 3.0.x you have to register the applications. See https://jazz.net/library/article/662 . How you name the users is up to you. As far as I remember the users are internal, technical users and don't need to be in LDAP. Please chak if the applications are registered to JTS. If they are you should be fine. Otherwise open a PMR with support.
Mahari Hill selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mahari Hill commented Jan 30 '15, 8:13 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

The applications are registered in the jts->server registered applications, however, we are experiencing an issue where we can no longer create QM projects. Support hinted that these accounts are needed, but we still are asking if we need to rerun jts setup or just create the accounts in tomcat or LDAP....

Mahari Hill commented Feb 05 '15, 9:11 a.m.

It seems that when logging in to QM, it sees us as ADMIN even though we are listed in the qm/admin Users area...looks like a support issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.