It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrade from the Version 4 to the Version 5 error CRJAZ2403E trying to import

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | asked Jun 30 '14, 2:12 p.m.
 Hello, 
I'm upgrading my RTC version 4.0.0 to version 5.0, but when I try to import the tar files into the new version, I'm getting this error message: 

CRJAZ2403E The version of the data that you are trying to import does not match the version of this tool.  The "com.ibm.team.repository" component in the exported file uses version "28". However, this import tool can handle only version "35".

CRJAZ2403E The version of the data that you are trying to import does not match the version of this tool.  The "com.ibm.team.repository" component in the exported file uses version "28". However, this import tool can handle only version "35".
at com.ibm.team.repository.migration.internal.service.MigrationHandlerDispatcher.assertAllModelVersionsEqualToCurrent(MigrationHandlerDispatcher.java:94)
at com.ibm.team.repository.migration.internal.service.AbstractMigrationService.importData(AbstractMigrationService.java:998)
at com.ibm.team.repository.migration.internal.service.AbstractMigrationService.importRepositoryOptionalVerifyPreserve(AbstractMigrationService.java:861)
at com.ibm.team.repository.migration.internal.service.AbstractMigrationService.importRepositoryOptionalVerify(AbstractMigrationService.java:811)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
at <unknown class>.<unknown method>(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.local.internal.ImportCommand.importData(ImportCommand.java:225)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.local.internal.ImportCommand.execute(ImportCommand.java:151)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:67)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.run(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:816)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.start(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:891)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)
2014-06-30 11:00:25,106 CRJAZ1728E A Repository Tools error occurred. For more information, see this log file: ...

One answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Jun 30 '14, 2:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Rafael,

Are you using Repotools to export data from 4 x and import into version 5?

If so, this would not be part of the standard upgrade process. 

Are you following the upgrade guide for version 5?

Also, are you performing an 'Online' Migration? 

CLM Upgrade overview V5

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Jun 30 '14, 5:31 p.m.

Ok I already tried using using upgrade\jts\jts_upgrade.bat -oldJTSHome ...

and after update the database and Apache files I stated the jazz service but when I get in is totally empty. 

Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Jun 30 '14, 5:36 p.m.

for clarification, When I said empty, I mean there is not any record of my old database, there are no test artifacts, not users, no settings, I already made it for jts and Quality manager which are the only 2 products that I'm using. 

Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Jun 30 '14, 8:38 p.m.

After migration process using the scripts I'm getting to many issues, the server is totally non functional and I'm getting these errors: 

The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.diagnostic.DiagnosticRestService" service failed to activate because a service that it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.diagnostic.IDiagnosticEmailService", failed to be activated.

there are not comication between qm and jts, there are not project areas, 

The "com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.web.ProcessWebUIService" service failed to activate because a service that it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.common.ILicenseAdminService", failed to be activated.ID CRJAZ1972E

sam detweiler commented Jun 30 '14, 9:49 p.m. | edited Jun 30 '14, 9:50 p.m.

Is this on Linux? I had to increase the file handles for v5. See the ulimit command 

Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Jun 30 '14, 11:36 p.m.

Windows 2008 R2

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.