It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz Hub Configuring Teams Under Project Area

Marco Leung (2134) | asked May 28 '13, 9:23 p.m.

I created a new project area under Jazz Hub, but I cannot make subteams within the project area. This is the error I am getting.

I tried adding myself as an administrator of the project area in order to set up the teams, but no luck doing that either. Any help would be appreciated

Problem
CRJAZ6053E The 'Save Team Area' operation cannot be completed. Permission is required to complete the operation. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJAZ6053E.

Reason
In order to carry out this operation, you would need permission to perform the following additional actions:
Create a team area

2 answers

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered May 28 '13, 9:31 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Marco,

The ability to create teams is actually one of the things we have restricted on JazzHub. One of our primary goals was to simplify the getting started process by reducing the number of tasks necessary to get a project set up and creating a complex team hierarchy and iteration structure seemed like a good candidate for that. We obviously have some work to do on improving the error messages you receive when you do hit cases like this.

It's great feedback to hear that you're after the functionality as we are still figuring out what the community wants from the offering and what level of support we'll provide for project customizations.

Comments
Lara Ziosi commented Dec 08 '13, 1:34 p.m.

I was creating a project for a university course. It would have been great to be able to create teams for each group of students,  as this simplifies creation of queries etc.

permanent link
Ian Jessett (3142) | answered Dec 20 '14, 9:19 p.m.
Is this restriction still in place? If this restriction is still in place I will raise a new question on the forum ...

I had hoped to use team areas on our Jazz Hub project to guide notifications to the appropriate sub teams based on the filed in / category. I am aware that we could spam the entire team when new work items are created (see: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21580771) but would prefer to notify or auto-subscribe the appropriate team for the category.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.