It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does RTC 4 allow you to change a Team's Timeline ?

John Schilt (6111822) | asked Jul 31 '12, 11:54 p.m.
One of our Universities has created a new project, and added 20+ teams.

They also created an additional Timeline in addition to the default Main Timeline.

Most of the Teams were assigned the new Timeline, but some were given the Main Timeline . . .

I found that I could not change a Team's Timeline (web interface) . . . .will this change soon ?

Also, I archived a Team, and tried to create a new team (same name - as names were important) but this was also not possible . . .

Any Feedback / Comments on why this restirction exists ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Aug 01 '12, 2:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is not possible to change a team areas associated timeline in the web UI, even in RTC 4.0.  But you can change the timeline from the Eclipse client.  I suggest that an administrator of the project area set up an Eclipse client so that all the timeline associations can be corrected.

(From the Eclipse client, you can only change the associated timeline for top-level team areas, i.e. team areas whose parent is the project area.  Lower level team areas, whose parent is another team area, always use the same timeline as the parent team area.  That can't be changed, even when the child team area is first created.)

If you are archiving a team area with the intention of creating a new team area with the same name, then you must rename the team area before archiving it.  RTC doesn't like project areas or team areas with the same name.  (If you have already archived the team area, you can still change its name.  It's just a little harder to find the team area to make the change.)

-- David Olsen, IBM Rational, Jazz Process Team
John Schilt selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
John Schilt commented Aug 01 '12, 2:48 a.m. | edited Aug 01 '12, 2:54 a.m.

Thanks David.

This makes a lot of sense.

One other answer

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Jan 16 '13, 2:35 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The accepted answer above was correct at the time it was given. But please note that the requested feature is now supported. In CLM 4.0.1, you can change a team's timeline in the web ui. See workitem 74712.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.