It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM getting down after evry three to four hours

Amitabha Nath (757) | asked May 07 '13, 5:10 a.m.
retagged May 08 '13, 12:04 p.m. by Lisa Caten (342913)

Hi we are using CLM 3.0.1 in Cent OS & tomcat 5.5.

from past two weeks or servers are getting down every half an hour. as per IBM PMR (77527 019 866) i have reduced the database redo-log files which increased the recuuring down time after half an hour to 4 hour. & now our server getting down every 4/5 hour. can anybody help us on reolving this issue. Logs files etc has been provided to PMR team but they are still finding out the resolution...

can anybody give me idea on what can be done to resolve this please...

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented May 07 '13, 6:13 a.m.

Hi Amitabha,
Could you look into your Tomcat and server logs?
Also do you have hang or crash? Do you see java process running on the server?
Please also run wait tool from https://wait.ibm.com/ and wait until hang happens again. You can provide then the link to the report.

Amitabha Nath commented May 07 '13, 6:30 a.m.

HI krzysztof,

Thanks for looking into this. I see your updates on PMR too... unfortunately I cannot access the wait.ibm.com from office network. The server logs etc has been already provided by my coleauge(pratibha). is there anything we need to check with networking team??

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented May 07 '13, 7:01 a.m.

hi Amitabha,
The log files from wait tool would be really very useful here.
Do you have hang or crash? Do you see java process running on the server?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103) | answered May 10 '13, 6:09 a.m.
OK. The problem has been fixed. The possible root cause was high server load by multiple Tomcat processes running. Killing the old processes fixed the issue.
Amitabha Nath selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Amitabha Nath commented May 10 '13, 6:28 a.m.

thanks for your suppport...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.