It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz LDAP Setup with WAS

Thomas Dunnigan (13114126) | asked Dec 02 '08, 9:48 a.m.
Can someone assist getting LDAP configured to work with RTC, WAS and bluegroups. My first attempt with RTC 1.0 was less than stellar. And upon attempting a second time around, i attempted to leverage the technotes 34 and 35. However each technote refers to the other at different stages and confuses any order of operation. And from my experience that order of operation is important to the configuration. I can easily set up LDAP for RTC on Tomcat using the the LDAP for dummies referenced here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/LDAP4Dummies

4 answers

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Dec 02 '08, 10:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Configuring LDAP in WAS is very similar to configuring LDAP in Tomcat. You need to first configure LDAP in WAS using the steps detailed in Tech note 34 (Configuring LDAP in WAS). Then you need to use jazz setup wizard to configure LDAP in Jazz (same as the one described in ldap4dummies article or "User Management in Jazz" tech note (tech note 30).

We are here to help. Send me an email if you run into any issues.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

Can someone assist getting LDAP configured to work with RTC, WAS and bluegroups. My first attempt with RTC 1.0 was less than stellar. And upon attempting a second time around, i attempted to leverage the technotes 34 and 35. However each technote refers to the other at different stages and confuses any order of operation. And from my experience that order of operation is important to the configuration. I can easily set up LDAP for RTC on Tomcat using the the LDAP for dummies referenced here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/LDAP4Dummies

permanent link
Thomas Dunnigan (13114126) | answered Dec 02 '08, 12:44 p.m.
So I have made it a little further in my effort. However, I think I have some LDAP(bluegroup) settings incorrect. When I attempt to add my BlueGroup names, I get the following error: No group was found in User Registry Repository with this name.

I verified that the bluegroup name exists. Can you advise on exactly what is entered in the LDAP setings configuration.

Configuring LDAP in WAS is very similar to configuring LDAP in Tomcat. You need to first configure LDAP in WAS using the steps detailed in Tech note 34 (Configuring LDAP in WAS). Then you need to use jazz setup wizard to configure LDAP in Jazz (same as the one described in ldap4dummies article or "User Management in Jazz" tech note (tech note 30).

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Dec 02 '08, 1:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can you take a screenshot of the LDAP configuration in WAS and send it to me.

Also send me the bluegroup information so that I can verify the setting.

-- Balaji

So I have made it a little further in my effort. However, I think I have some LDAP(bluegroup) settings incorrect. When I attempt to add my BlueGroup names, I get the following error: No group was found in User Registry Repository with this name.

I verified that the bluegroup name exists. Can you advise on exactly what is entered in the LDAP setings configuration.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

permanent link
Thomas Dunnigan (13114126) | answered Dec 02 '08, 2:28 p.m.
Balaji,
The information was sent to your work email as I thought it inappropriate to post on the public forum.
Regards,
Tom
Can you take a screenshot of the LDAP configuration in WAS and send it to me.

Also send me the bluegroup information so that I can verify the setting.

-- Balaji

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.