It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In RTC query "is" and "is not" option not available for attributes of type html, Long string and wiki

Udaya Puthuraya (8811421) | asked Mar 13 '13, 4:24 p.m.
In RTC query "is"  and "is not" option not available for  attributes of type html, Long string and wiki.
"is"  and "is not" option   allows to check whether an attribute contains value or not and very useful.
Why this option is missing  for attributes of type html, Long string and wiki  ?

Attributes of type Long string, Long HTML  and Wiki  are  also not available from web client for the query  while they are available in Eclipse client.

Is this by design or a defect ?

2 answers

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Mar 14 '13, 8:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
what is the version of RTC you're using.
I would vote for https://jazz.net/forum/questions/77851/unable-to-query-on-large-html-attributes
and would advise to use the full text search for such attributes.

Thanks.
Eric.

permanent link
Udaya Puthuraya (8811421) | answered Mar 14 '13, 12:19 p.m.
edited Mar 22 '13, 1:29 a.m.
Eric, Thanks for the comment.
RTC version : 4.0.1
My question is NOT related to searching particular text inside the attributes of type Long string, Long HTML  and Wiki.

It is only to check whether attribute value is empty(null) or not empty.
That is exactly  what,  "is"  "is not"  option in a query when used with check box Unassigned, does.  
This  option is  missing not only to Large String, html and Wiki  type.  It is also missing for medium html type as well.
Can this be taken as Enhancement ? 

Comments
Geoff Alexander commented Feb 19 '14, 5:49 p.m. | edited Feb 19 '14, 5:49 p.m.

I agree that this would be very useful.  It's still not available as of RTC 4.0.4.  Udaya, did you ever open an Enhancement for this?

Udaya Puthuraya commented Feb 19 '14, 11:20 p.m.

I do not think  I have opened enhancement request for this.
I had opened a Defect on a related issue which is still in the backlog.
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=268716

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.