It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Time Duration attribute type - Limit of 1 year

Dudley Thomas (41613) | asked Mar 10 '15, 2:41 p.m.
 Can anyone confirm, or instruct how to modify, the limit of a time duration attribute in RTC of one year?
We have multiple custom fields of this type and want to assign values that are greater 2080h or 52w or 365d.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dudley Thomas (41613) | answered Mar 11 '15, 6:38 a.m.
Thanks for the answer Ralph. These time duration fields were used to estimate large "chunks" of proposed changes to our product. These are not planned tasks. They will ultimately be decomposed into smaller planned items that will be "rolled up".

I think the only work around is to utilize integer values instead of time durations.

Thanks
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 11 '15, 6:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would agree Thomas. I don't see a way to change the current presentation/attribute type.

2 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 11 '15, 3:56 a.m.
edited Mar 11 '15, 3:57 a.m.
Looking at it, I have to assume it is built into the presentation/attribute type. I don't think you can override this.

I don't know why you want to do this, but the idea with planning in RTC is also that you split work into smaller tasks where you actually can estimate something with a reasonable precision. RTC accumulates the effort in parent-child relationships within a plan.

From my experience any estimation bigger than a week is likely to be very imprecise. I have to confess though, I am generally pretty bad in effort estimation.

permanent link
Praveen Chougala (31730) | answered Aug 08 '16, 5:25 a.m.
Hi Ralph/Dudley,

But why is it limited to 1 year?
Any specific reason.?

Thanks,
Praveen

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 08 '16, 5:41 a.m.

This is likely a design decision. I don't know the reasons. Duration is long and could contain bugger numbers.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.