It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Has any written a resource allocation report of any type using any reporting route?

Andy Phillipson (10431418) | asked Mar 06 '13, 9:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Looking for anyone with any experience ever writing a resource allocation report coming out of RTC.  If you have what reporting mechanism have you used?  RPE, RRDI, Plain Java Client, other?

Other reports of interest:
  • Resource allocation vs. actual expended time (especially across the whole repository)
  • Resource allocation vs. actual expended time to include a calculation that outputs time left (= allocated time - actual time)
  • Resource allocation into the future; e.g., on a monthly basis
Tiny Survey: Please respond if you're reading this question and have not done this but it would be valuable (and what you might be looking for in the report output).

Comments
Michael Prentice commented May 24 '13, 12:24 p.m.

We need this information ASAP for our project that is using the Formal Project process in RTC 4.0.1. But so far we have been unable to figure out how to do it. There are a lot of Enhancement requests in the RTC bug database that deal with separate parts of what we want, but they are mostly all sitting in the Backlog.

We have one team member going off to learn RRDI in the hopes that we can get this information out of there.

We have investigated RTC Reports, but they do not appear to be capable of giving us the data that we need.

We have not investigated writing our own Java code to hook into the RTC APIs in an attempt to get this information, but we might have to. 

Our team in general cannot believe that this functionality does not already exist. They have become quite unhappy with the RTC support for Formal Projects. We may be placing a call to support soon.

Please let us know if you have figured out how to do this, especially if you are open sourcing it or sharing it.

Andy Phillipson commented May 24 '13, 1:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I will be working on this kind of reporting using RPE over the next month plus.  Whatever I create I will make available and post links here.  I have a client that is chomping at the bit for this report.. 

Sterling Ferguson-II commented May 26 '15, 3:05 p.m.

Anyone have anything yet to show?

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Rosenthal (10135) | answered Apr 25 '13, 1:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
So guess what Andy?  I have another customer who asked this very same question.  Did you ever get anywhere on this one?

permanent link
Steve Willems (8811311) | answered Apr 14 '15, 7:16 a.m.
 Any news on this, we would also be interested in such reports? is it possible in RRDI to access this inforamtion or only using RPE?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.