It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error Using SQL Server 2008 R2 database for Rational Insight Setup

Rahul Singh Bhadauriya (2821720) | asked Mar 06 '13, 6:36 a.m.
edited Mar 20 '13, 8:04 a.m.
I am not able to setup the Rational Insight with SQL Server 2008 R2 database. It shows an error as follows:

" the information about the local database connection could not be validated due to an error. Ensure that there is no other database with the same name within the database management system and verify that the user name and password are correct.
hide details
CRRRA0077E: An error happened when validating the database. 'com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.db.common.RRDIDBException: CRRRD4794E: The user Administrator is not authorized to create a database. Refer to DBMS documentation for required user privileges to create a database. Error Code: 4794'. "

My Configurations are as follows:

I have installed Following packages
1. IBM Rational Reporting
1.1 IBM rational Reporting for development intelligence  2.0.1.0
1.2 IBM Rational Insight 1.1.1.1
After successful installation i have started
start > Programs > IBM Rational Reporting Server> Start IBM Rational Reporting Server Setup
After setting URI and admin account , From the Rational Reporting setup wizard i have selected Set Up Rational Insight Scenario
 On the Configure Database management System Tab
Step 1: Configure database vendor : SQl server 2008
Step 2: Copy JDBC File: <path of the JDBC driver>

click to copy    message displayed: The driver was copied successfully.

On the Tab Configure Content Store database
Host: localhost (Enable to create the local database option checked)
Port: 1433
Database Name: RICM
Database Admininstrator: sa
Password: ******
Table Space Location: <path to the database tables directory of same SQL Server instance>
SQL Server with Windows Integrated Security option checked

My SQL Server Configuration are as follows
Version: SQL Server Enterprise Edition 2008 R2
Server is running and username sa is able to login with Admin Credentials under the SQL Server Authentication mode
I am also able to create New Database Manually using the same Credentials.

11 answers

permanent link
Rahul Singh Bhadauriya (2821720) | answered Mar 15 '13, 4:05 a.m.
 Hi Xuan- Thank you very much for your valuable answers. Tried your all suggestions. Stuck at the error "CRRRA2061E: the portdef.properties does not exist" .
How can i create the portdef.properties file which is not exists ?
If i am creating a new profile manually @ WAS 8.0.0.5 than trying the option " use existing profile " and it works..but getting error on the last Step @ Build and Deploy Reporting  Component  with the error as mentioned in the above cmd screenshot, "Cannot Log on to Report server" .

Comments
Xuan Jiang commented Mar 15 '13, 4:46 a.m.

Hi Rahul - That's very strange, actually I never seen the portdef.properties missing error while I'm creating WAS profile by Insight Setup. Let's back to basic - are you using a 64-bit WAS (check run versioninfo.bat)? are you installing Insight in 64-bit?

Or - can I remote login to your machine to have a look?

Rahul Singh Bhadauriya commented Mar 15 '13, 9:46 a.m.

HI Xuan- I have Installed WAS 32 bit on Wondows XP 32 Bit, Insight Version is also 32 bit.

If u don't mind can u give me the following answers for the remote login to my machine.
1) Are u working with IBM?
2) If yes than we can chat on ST?
3) Can i have your email ID?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.