It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error Using SQL Server 2008 R2 database for Rational Insight Setup

Rahul Singh Bhadauriya (2821720) | asked Mar 06 '13, 6:36 a.m.
edited Mar 20 '13, 8:04 a.m.
I am not able to setup the Rational Insight with SQL Server 2008 R2 database. It shows an error as follows:

" the information about the local database connection could not be validated due to an error. Ensure that there is no other database with the same name within the database management system and verify that the user name and password are correct.
hide details
CRRRA0077E: An error happened when validating the database. 'com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.db.common.RRDIDBException: CRRRD4794E: The user Administrator is not authorized to create a database. Refer to DBMS documentation for required user privileges to create a database. Error Code: 4794'. "

My Configurations are as follows:

I have installed Following packages
1. IBM Rational Reporting
1.1 IBM rational Reporting for development intelligence  2.0.1.0
1.2 IBM Rational Insight 1.1.1.1
After successful installation i have started
start > Programs > IBM Rational Reporting Server> Start IBM Rational Reporting Server Setup
After setting URI and admin account , From the Rational Reporting setup wizard i have selected Set Up Rational Insight Scenario
 On the Configure Database management System Tab
Step 1: Configure database vendor : SQl server 2008
Step 2: Copy JDBC File: <path of the JDBC driver>

click to copy    message displayed: The driver was copied successfully.

On the Tab Configure Content Store database
Host: localhost (Enable to create the local database option checked)
Port: 1433
Database Name: RICM
Database Admininstrator: sa
Password: ******
Table Space Location: <path to the database tables directory of same SQL Server instance>
SQL Server with Windows Integrated Security option checked

My SQL Server Configuration are as follows
Version: SQL Server Enterprise Edition 2008 R2
Server is running and username sa is able to login with Admin Credentials under the SQL Server Authentication mode
I am also able to create New Database Manually using the same Credentials.

11 answers

permanent link
Xuan Jiang (37858) | answered Mar 07 '13, 1:31 a.m.
Hi Rahul - Which version of JDBC driver for MSSQL are you using? Take sqljdbc_4.0 as an example, you need add the sqljdbc_auth.dll to your PATH variable before start Insight setup, to make it easier, just copy it to C:\Windows\System32 then restart the Setup JTS server.

This DLL file is distributed with the MS SQL JDBC Driver at:
auth\x64\sqljdbc_auth.dll    (64-bit)
auth\x86\sqljdbc_auth.dll    (32-bit)

Comments
Rahul Singh Bhadauriya commented Mar 07 '13, 5:03 a.m.

Hi Xuan
Thank you for your valuable answer. I have configured the SQL JDBC Driver 4.0 and now able to connect with the SQL Server.
On the next Tab Configure Data Warehouse the following issues are there.

Step-2

Process Progress

Error Snap

If i will not check the option Enable to create the local database  than the following error has occur

permanent link
Xuan Jiang (37858) | answered Mar 06 '13, 10:08 p.m.
Rahul - The problem here is you are using incorrect DBA account, you have to use a real system user (i.e., Administrator) who has the privileges to create a database.

Comments
Rahul Singh Bhadauriya commented Mar 07 '13, 12:24 a.m.

Hi Xuan-
At the time of installation of SQl Server 2008 i have added PC Administrator account with Admin privileges but i am not able to login using username as Administrator.  I am able to login with username sa only in the SQL Server authentication mode Tab.

permanent link
Xuan Jiang (37858) | answered Mar 07 '13, 12:32 a.m.
Hi Rahul - please confirm if you are using mixed authentication for your MS SQL Server installation. It is required by Insight setup.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.raer.install.doc/topics/t_install_insight.html

Comments
Rahul Singh Bhadauriya commented Mar 07 '13, 1:00 a.m.

Hi Xuan,
I have installed MS SQL server in the mixed authentication mode.
Now I have created a new user Admin with sysadmin privileges and able to login with the same.
Now the error message changed as follows
Insight error Snap

permanent link
Xuan Jiang (37858) | answered Mar 07 '13, 5:11 a.m.
Hi Rahul - I'm suggesting you can un-check the 'SQL Server with Windows security integrated' and using 'sa' to create the local DB. Or if you have a pre-existing DB (your issue #2), you need create the 'rptuser' (if you are using SQL Server auth., pls create such user in your SQL Server management studio instead of a system user) and set valid privileges before run setup.

Comments
Rahul Singh Bhadauriya commented Mar 08 '13, 4:37 a.m.

Hi Xuan- thank you again for your valuable answers.
Now i am have fixed the above issues and moved to the Configure Application server Profile Tab

I did not found the folder called appserver in my installation directory
1) Should i have to install the WebSphere Application Server separately or it will be installed automatic during the installation of IBM rational Insight 1.1.1.1 package ?.

permanent link
Xuan Jiang (37858) | answered Mar 08 '13, 4:44 a.m.
Hi Rahul - Yes, you need install WAS by yourself before run Insight setup start from Insight 1111. After that, you will have a WAS folder, this panel is used to create Profile base on your WAS.

BTW - make sure you are using the same architecture of your WAS and Insight, see BOLD text in this panel.

permanent link
Rahul Singh Bhadauriya (2821720) | answered Mar 08 '13, 8:25 a.m.
Hi Xuan- I have installed the IBM WebSphere Application Server and configured Application Server Profile.
Now on the Build and Deploy Reporting Components Tab i am facing the problem as follows.

permanent link
Xuan Jiang (37858) | answered Mar 08 '13, 8:39 a.m.
Hi Rahul - I need the following logs to know what is the root cause of your issue
 - WAS log, [WAS Location]\profiles\RationalReporting\logs\RationalReportingServer\
 - Setup log, [Insight Location]\setup\logs\
 - Cognos log [Insight Location]\cognos\logs\

Comments
Rahul Singh Bhadauriya commented Mar 11 '13, 1:43 a.m. | edited Mar 11 '13, 1:44 a.m.

Hi Xuan- there are lots of log files available into the log folders in the location as u mentioned. Should i post all the logs here or is there any option to attach the log files ?.
-Thanking  You
Rahul

Xuan Jiang commented Mar 11 '13, 2:55 a.m.

Can you upload your log file to somewhere (i.e., https://cattail.boulder.ibm.com)?

Rahul Singh Bhadauriya commented Mar 12 '13, 2:02 a.m.

Hi Xuan- Files are uploaded to https://cattail.boulder.ibm.com as a public, named as follows
RRDI setup logs.zip
WAS logs.zip
cognos log.zip
These file are also available to http://dcomp.hostoi.com/log_files/

Thanks

Rahul Singh Bhadauriya commented Mar 12 '13, 2:05 a.m. | edited Mar 12 '13, 2:48 a.m.

You will also find a PDF file "  IBM Rational Insight Installation Steps " which contains the steps that i have followed during the installation of IBM Rational Insight.
 link: http://dcomp.hostoi.com/log_files/IBM%20Rational%20Insight%20Installation%20Steps.pdf

Rahul Singh Bhadauriya commented Mar 12 '13, 5:57 a.m.

Hi Xuan- I am using IBM WebSphere Server Version 6.1.0.0. I think this can be a problem of this issue...!!

Should i update to version 8.0..?

Xuan Jiang commented Mar 12 '13, 7:50 a.m.

Hi Rahul - I have not got chance to check your LOG files today. Yes, I'd like you upgrade your WAS to 8.0.0.5 which is fully tested version.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

permanent link
Rahul Singh Bhadauriya (2821720) | answered Mar 14 '13, 6:02 a.m.
 Hi Xuan- I have installed IBM Web Sphere Application Server 8.0.0.5. but i have problem in the Configure  Application Server Profile Tab. It shows  error message " CRRRA0059E: An error occurred while creating a new profile: CRRRA2061E: the portdef.properties does not exist"  

Comments
Xuan Jiang commented Mar 14 '13, 9:05 a.m.

Rahul - Can you provide the rrdi_setup.log (, under RRDI\setup\logs\ folder, enable debug would be great, to do so, modify the log4j.properties at the same folder).

BTW - can you check if you have the portdef.properties under your WAS profile?

permanent link
Rahul Singh Bhadauriya (2821720) | answered Mar 14 '13, 8:56 a.m.
 Hi Xuan- Should i have to Install Jazz Team Server(CLM) additionally to configure the Tab Configure Rational Reporting User Authentication  or it is already installed into the machine while installing the Rational Insight setup or it's optional?

Comments
Xuan Jiang commented Mar 14 '13, 9:00 a.m.

Hi Rahul - To use the Rational Reporting User Authentication in setup, you need install CLM separately, it will not installed by Insight.

Anyway it is optional if you don't want enable Jazz Name Space or you want to use other name space provided by Cognos.

permanent link
Rahul Singh Bhadauriya (2821720) | answered Mar 14 '13, 9:48 a.m.
 Hi xuan- please find the Log Files from the below link

http://dcomp.hostoi.com/log_files/14%20March/

The screenshots of the console are as follows while  deploying the  components at Build and Deploy Reporting  Component.

Comments
Xuan Jiang commented Mar 14 '13, 7:09 p.m.

Hi Rahul - The log file is not depends on the missing portdef.properties - right?

In you log, I can see the following errors:

1. CRRRD4768E: The database has the incorrect Collation setting. The current value is SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS, but the expected value is CS.
If the DB is pre-existed (i.e., created by MSSQL Tool), you need change the setting by SQLServer management Studio else the DW connection may failed

2. CRRRD4757E: Error granting permissions for the schema objects.
You should not input RPTUSER as the report user because RPTUSER is not a valid system user (mixed SQLServer auth.) or DB account

3. CRRRD4780E: The schema RR_DW is not empty. No objects can exist under this schema.  Drop all objects before continuing.
Please don't use schema prefix (it is used for DB2 for zSeries)

Suggestion:
1. Drop all the temporary database (RIDW_NEW, RIDW_NEW1, RIDW_NEW2...)
2. Ceate a new one using MS SQL Server management Studio
3. Change the Collation setting to CS
4. Run Insight Setup, create related schemas

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.