It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error during upgrade Rational Insight from V 1.1.1.1 to V 1.1.1.2

Nikhil Vipradas (111214) | asked Oct 29 '13, 3:11 a.m.
edited Feb 21 '14, 7:24 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103)
Hello Team

We upgraded the Rational Insight to V1.1.1.2 from V1.1.1.1 through installation manager.
After that we were running rrdi/setup and in that we are getting error during the deploy step in phase (Waiting for report server to initialize )
Rational insight is hosted in RHEL 6.4

We found below error in cognos logs:
9.121.57.138:9081       3485    2013-10-29 10:26:22.848 +5:30   na      na                      Thread-75       DISP    6235    1       Audit.Other.dispatcher.DISP.pogopogo    com.cognos.pogo.bibus.SOAPMessageOutputter              Failure <messages><message><messageString>DPR-DPR-1035 Dispatcher detected an error.</messageString></message><message><messageString>CAM-CRP-1114 Unable to find the Certificate Authority self-signed certificate with alias &apos;ca&apos; in the keystore &apos;/opt/IBM/RRDI/cognos/configuration/signkeypair/jCAKeystore&apos;.</messageString></message></messages>      Exception signing trusted request: CAM-CRP-1114 Unable to find the Certificate Authority self-signed certificate with alias 'ca' in the keystore '/opt/IBM/RRDI/cognos/configuration/signkeypair/jCAKeystore'.CAM-CRP-1114 Unable to find the Certificate Authority self-signed certificate with alias 'ca' in the keystore '/opt/IBM/RRDI/cognos/configuration/signkeypair/jCAKeystore'.       at com.cognos.accman.jcam.crypto.misc.KeyStoreReader.getCACertificate(KeyStoreReader.java:811)  at com.cognos.accman.jcam.crypto.misc.Configuration.isCAKeyPairValid(Configuration.java:1794)  at com.cognos.accman.jcam.crypto.CAMFactory.initialize(CAMFactory.java:176)      at com.cognos.pogo.bibus.CryptoFacility.createCAMFactory(CryptoFacility.java:89)       at com.cognos.pogo.bibus.CryptoFacility.createTrustedSession(CryptoFacility.java:59)     at com.cognos.pogo.bibus.CryptoFacility.fetchTrustedSession(CryptoFacility.java:105)    at com.cognos.pogo.bibus.CryptoFacility.signRequest(CryptoFacility.java:121)    at com.cognos.pogo.bibus.CryptoFacility.signTrustedRequest(CryptoFacility.java:249)     at com.cognos.pogo.util.CAMUtils.signRequest(CAMUtils.java:108) at com.cognos.pogo.bibus.SOAPMessageOutputter$Outputter.signTrustedRequest(SOAPMessageOutputter.java:216)       at com.cognos.pogo.bibus.SOAPMessageOutputter$SimpleOutputter.write(SOAPMessageOutputter.java:258)      at com.co 

Thanks in advance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Oct 29 '13, 5:28 a.m.
Hello Nikhil,

you can try the "The Build and Deploy Reporting Components step in the RRDI Setup Wizard may fail during the upgrade from a previous version" workaround on this page:
https://jazz.net/downloads/RRDI/milestones/2.0.3M4?p=releasenotes

Best Regards
Francesco
Nikhil Vipradas selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Nikhil Vipradas commented Oct 29 '13, 11:01 a.m.

Hello Francesco
Thanks for the solution.I followed the steps in the link.
But now getting below error during rrdi/setup in deploy step:
The reporting components could not be deployed due to an error. hide details
com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.biserver.common.RRDIBIServerException: CRRRA2083E: Cannot connect to the report server.
In WebSphere Logs I can see this exception:
[10/29/13 19:59:24:168 IST] 0000002b HttpMethodDir I org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector executeWithRetry Retrying request
[10/29/13 19:59:24:169 IST] 0000002b HttpMethodDir I org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector executeWithRetry I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught
when processing request: Connection refused
In Cognosserver logs I can see below Warning
CM-SYS-5157 Content Manager failed to notify the dispatcher "URL Path" of a running status change. CM-REQ-4128 An input/output error occurred executing an external request to the connector "CM". Connection refused Cause: Connecti
on refused  Runtime Exception stack trace: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
Please suggest.
Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.