It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Possible to terminate JazzMon early

Robert Carter (42928789) | asked Feb 25 '13, 11:57 a.m.
Is there a safe way to terminate the JazzMon process before it terminates itself via the SEQ_RUN_LENGTH_ARG parameter?

I have started a process with the nohup command.  I wanted to stop the process prematurely so I can do some mid stream analysis.  Is this possible?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dave Schlegel (331167) | answered Feb 25 '13, 12:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you want to stop JazzMon, it will retain all the data it has collected to date and just won't do the "analyze" step for you by default. You can always do that from the command line.

But if you just want to analyze the data early, you can do that without stopping JazzMon. Under JazzMon 1.4, the default is to "analyze in place" so from a different command line shell you just run the "analyze" command whenever you want and it will analyze the data it's collected to date; then you can use the Excel macro to view it.

If you are using an earlier version or have disabled the analyze-in-place feature you'll just have to do a "gather" and an "analyze" step from the alternate command line window.

Robert Carter selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.