It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I reference the data warehouse "Database Table Space Folder" property when it is on a separate server?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Oct 04 '13, 7:08 a.m.
Hello,

I am configuring a CLM 3.0.1.1 installation and I need to set the Data Warehouse Connection properties.  One of these is called Database Table Space Folder and it has the following description:

The folder on the database server where the table space will be created. This folder must exist already and be valid for table space files for this vendor or data warehouse creation may fail.

Since I am currently configuring the application server and the database server is a separate machine, how do I refer to that folder?  Must I use an absolute path (eg: C:\folder) or should I use UNC notation (eg: \\dbserver\folder)?  In this second case, must the folder on the database server be shared with specific permissions?  If so, which account will access that folder?

Please help with clarification!

Thank you and best regards,

Andrew

Accepted answer

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Oct 04 '13, 7:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The folder should be accessible to the database instance and it's relative to the database server. You can just specify C:\folder. It need not be accessible from the CLM application server. It is the database instance that will use the folder to create the table spaces.  So whatever account is being used to start the database process should have full access to that folder.
Andrew Trobec selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Oct 07 '13, 2:40 a.m.

@vmmalkar

Thanks for the info!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.