It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Email Address special characters

Mark Williamson (21145) | asked Feb 14 '13, 8:28 a.m.
During install and set up of JTS 4.01, an Admin user is created and email address requested. Our company email address structure is joe_bloggs@company.co.uk, however the JTS rejects this and requires a joe.bloggs format. Is there a way of configuring the JTS to accept original email format. This weas not an issue on earlier releases of JTS

2 answers

permanent link
Jim Ruehlin (79114) | answered Feb 14 '13, 12:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are you using LDAP or an external user registry? I'm not certain, but it might be the case that the email addresses don't match between what you're entering and what's in the external user registry. Or the email address is controlled by the external registry. If so you might want to try leaving this blank.

I haven't heard about anything changing with the email address format in 4.x.

Comments
Mark Williamson commented Feb 14 '13, 2:22 p.m.

No LDAP or external user registry. Just a standalone installation for test and evaluation. Strangely the issue is not present in User Admin once running, only at the Admin user set up step in the express set up.

permanent link
Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | answered Feb 21 '13, 5:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I downloaded 4.0.1 and entered joe_bloggs@company.co.uk as my new admin user's email address during setup. I didn't see any validation error and was able to continue normally.

no validation error

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.