It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

repotools-jts -createTables command fails during initial DOORS NG install, any ideas?

John Hannon (1111) | asked Nov 03 '16, 6:46 p.m.

I'm attempting to do an initial install of Rational DOORS Next Generation in a development environment. We are using a Windows 2012 Application Server with Apache Tomcat, and an Oracle 12.1.0.2.0 RDBMS on Unix. I'm receiving a "CRJAZ1579E, A failure occurred while checking the database for Jazz" failure in the configure database step while using the Custom Setup Wizard. Additionally, these is also a failure when I try to manually create the application tables for jts, rm and ccm. using the createTables command.

I've included the portions of the repotools-jts_CreateTables.log file below that include JAZ and ORA messages.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

From repotools-jts_CreateTables.log file -->

CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:conf/jts/teamserver.properties".

CRJAZ1365I The server is attempting to connect to the following database: thin:JTS_DB_USER/xxxxxxxx@//servername.corp.mycompany.com:port/SID"

CRJAZ3002E The connection to the following database was successful:
 Db Product Name: Oracle
  Db Product Version: Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Advanced Analytics and Real Application Testing options
  Db URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:JTS_DB_USER/xxxxxxxx@//servername.corp.mycompany.com:port/SID
  Jdbc Driver Name: Oracle JDBC driver
  Jdbc Driver Version: 12.1.0.1.0
  SchemaName: JTS_DB_USER

CRJAZ1093E The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService" feature could not start.

com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1092E The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService" feature could not start.
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: CRJAZ0820E The system schema could not be created.
Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

CRJAZ1779I This server is configured as a JTS.

CRJAZ2558I Setting the local server rename state to false and the openServerDescriptionServiceTemporarily state to false.

CRJAZ1141I Cannot get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.IServerDescriptionService".

com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1972E The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.ServerDescriptionService" service failed to activate because a service that it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.service.IBaseServerDescriptionService", failed to be activated.
Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1972E The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.BaseServerDescriptionService" service failed to activate because a service that it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.service.mapping.internal.IInternalPrefixUrlLockService", failed to be activated.
Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1972E The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.mapping.internal.DatabasePrefixUrlLockService" service failed to activate because a service that it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.IPersistentMappingService", failed to be activated.
Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1092E The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService" feature could not start.
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: CRJAZ0820E The system schema could not be created.
Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

CRJAZ2448I The public url property is not set. This is used to determine the running state of the server. The repotools command will skip this check and continue processing the command.   

CRJAZ1141I Cannot get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService".

com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1972E The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseStateService" service failed to activate because a service that it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.IPersistentMappingService", failed to be activated. Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1092E The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService" feature could not start.

CRJAZ1203I Could not determine the database location.

CRJAZ1306I The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService" is not available.

CRJAZ1141I Cannot get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseCreationService".

com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1972E The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseCreationService" service failed to

activate because a service that it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService", failed to be activated.
Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1972E The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseStateService" service failed to activate because a service that it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.IPersistentMappingService", failed to be activated.
Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1092E The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService" feature could not start.

CRJAZ1309I The database connectivity service is not ready.

com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ1309I The database connectivity service is not ready.

The database tables were not created.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Nov 06 '16, 7:06 p.m.

Try to do the following and see if you can find out the exact SQL statement that throws out the ORA-00942 error.
1. Add the below line to the file server/conf/repotools_log4j.properties .

log4j.logger.sqlTxLogger=DEBUG

2. Rerun the "-addTables" command and some detailed information should be printed out on the screen. If you need to redirect the output to a file (for example to send to Support), run the command like this:
repotools-jts.bat -addTables > debug.log 2>&1

John Hannon commented Nov 07 '16, 5:53 p.m.

Hi Donald,

Thanks for your reply -

I added the line to the repotools_log4j.properties and the only additional info I'm receiving in the log is this ConnectionStatWrapper line

ConnectionStatWrapper(type 4,     0, dirty: true, T4CConnection(28375bbc)) sql => select 1 from dual
     result set processing time => 125 ms -- rows processed => 0

Thanks

Donald Nong commented Nov 07 '16, 6:10 p.m.

There seems to be a problem. The "dual" table should always give you one row. Do you have SQL*Plus to test with the designated user? Just log in and run the same SQL statement.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/73751/what-is-the-dual-table-in-oracle

Donald Nong commented Nov 07 '16, 7:27 p.m.

Please ignore my previous comment, as I misinterpret the content "rows processed => 0". I saw the same message in my own environment so it should not be an issue. You should probably follow Rosa's suggestion and shorten the installation path.

Donald Nong commented Nov 08 '16, 12:48 a.m.

Just came across this post.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/112518/sql-error-when-configuring-warehouse-connection-in-rrdi-with-orace

Can you verify that the Oracle user JTS_DB_USER has access to the table DBA_TABLESPACES?

2 answers

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Nov 07 '16, 3:08 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe this is not because of some DB connectivity or SQL error. It looks more like you need to reinstall or re-deploy the CLM applications. Sometimes they do not unzip/explode properly.

What version are you running? 6.0.x.   Since you are using Tomcat, just delete the folders under ..\Catalina\work\ccm, qm, etc (all the CLM folder types) and then restart the server.

Comments
John Hannon commented Nov 07 '16, 5:46 p.m.

Hi Rosa,

I renamed the old directories and gave this a shot, but unfortunately I'm seeing the same errors with the newly regenerated CLM folder types.

On a possibly related note, when I tried to delete the folder and files under the \ccm \jts and \rm directories, I received a source path too long Windows message. The message stated "The source file name(s) are larger than is supported by the file system. Try moving to a location which has a shorter path name, or try renaming to shorter name(s) before attempting this operation."

Is it possible that services are having trouble since paths are too long?

Thanks

permanent link
Diane Everitt (27835) | answered Nov 28 '16, 3:05 p.m.
Hello John,

I am recording the resolution to the create tables error here.

They granted DBA permission to JTS_DB_USER and this allowed the to successfully create the database tables through the setup interface.

Kind regards,
Diane

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.