It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

jts/setup "The user ID you logged in with is not recognizable"

Tosh bimbra (122) | asked Feb 14 '14, 9:08 a.m.
Installed JTS CLM v405 on IBM i V710 with WAS 8.5
Now for the first time I am launching https://<my serverName>:29443/jts/setup

We're Sorry...

The user ID you logged in with is not recognizable.
If you used the default ADMIN user to log in, you likely disabled it during the setup. Try again using the new admin user you created during the setup.

"Try again using the new admin user" ????  Can someone clarify what/how I can proceed? Thx. Tosh.

Comments
N Z commented Feb 16 '14, 9:11 p.m.

What user are you trying to log in as? 

7 answers

permanent link
W A Ghumman (212) | answered Jun 09 '22, 11:38 a.m.
edited Jun 09 '22, 11:46 a.m.

Problem: I encountered this problem while setting up Doors NG 7.0.1 with Jazz Authorization server and SSO (Single Sign On). The problem occurred at 8th step of custom setup of JTS, i.e. the step where registered applications (CCM, QM or RM etc) are being setup. I setup LDAP as user registry and I was continuing the setup using an LDAP user.

Reason: Initially (before setting up LDAP user registry), all applications (CCM. QM, RM etc) are registered using ADMIN user and as setup is not completed yet, these applications are not aware of LDAP users.

Solution: During the first time of JTS setup, do not register applications while using the ADMIN user and click next to continue to set up LDAP user registry or any other user registry method that you prefer. When LDAP user registry or other user registry and Jazz Authorization server is setup then logout from JTS setup (if logout also returns the same error then simply go to <server:9443>/jts/setup after logging out) and login again with the LDAP user or a user that you have setup during the user registry process. Then register all applications (CCM, RM, QM etc) with that user and there will be no error afterwards. Setup will complete successfully.  

TIP: if applications are registered already using another user (different from the user who is getting this error), then go to <server:9443>/jts/admin >> Manage Server >> Registered Applications, remove registered applications and go to the Solution step, i.e. restart the Server Setup and register applications with correct user.

permanent link
Tosh bimbra (122) | answered Feb 14 '14, 10:15 a.m.
Server is apparently still down. Would you happen to know the DCF number? I can access that internally.

Comments
Piotr Aniola commented Feb 14 '14, 10:23 a.m.

I'm sorry, the server is now up, and having read the technote again, I have to say it doesn't apply to your scenario, as it's only applicable for WAS. I will therefore delete the original answer to avoid confusion, but include the link to the technote below for future reference:

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21314276

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Feb 16 '14, 8:51 p.m.
This can happen when you enable the security settings in the WAS profile and the users have not been imported into JTS.
To work around this, add the user ADMIN to your current user repository (LDAP or whatever the WAS profile is using). After the initialization is done in JTS, you can remove the ADMIN from the user repository and disable it in JTS.

Comments
Lalitha Prasad commented Apr 15 '14, 8:14 a.m.

Hi ,
How do i add the user ADMIN , if I am using LDAP ?

Donald Nong commented Apr 29 '14, 12:26 a.m.

It depends on which LDAP server you are using. For details, ask your LDAP/network administrator.

permanent link
Steffen Kriese (381921) | answered Feb 18 '14, 11:01 a.m.
Hello,
we see the same issue (redhat 6.4 + was 8.5 + RTC 4.0.4). added the ADMIN user id to the JazzAdmins on WAS,
still see the same problem.
Regards, Steffen

permanent link
Tosh bimbra (122) | answered Feb 18 '14, 11:18 a.m.
I don't mean to complain here, maybe there is another place in JAZZ to do it, but the installation instructions are really very poor. I have deleted the product completely, and reinstalled, and got back into the same trouble. There is definitely a problem, either the doc is wrong or there is a defect.

permanent link
Satish Narayanachar (96426) | answered Apr 29 '14, 6:33 a.m.

Hi All,

To Re-enable admin access follow these steps.

• Stop the Jazz Team Server
  • Go to <server_install_dir>\server directory
    Note: For other Jazz based products such as Rational Quality Manager and Rational Requirements Composer, file path for teamserver.properties could be different.
  • Double click on file: teamserver.properties to edit it
  • Change the property: com.ibm.team.repository.ws.allow.admin.access=false
    to:   com.ibm.team.repository.ws.allow.admin.access=true
  • Save the change
  • Under <server_install_dir>\server\tomcat\conf directory, look for a file named tomcat-users.xml, right-click on the file, choose Edit, then replace:
    < user   username =" ADMIN "  password =" b521caa6e1db82e5a01c924a419870cb72b81635 " />    
    with:
    < user   username =" ADMIN "  password =" b521caa6e1db82e5a01c924a419870cb72b81635 "  roles =" JazzAdmins " />
  • Save the changes
  • Re-Start the Jazz Team Server
  • Regards,

Satish

permanent link
    Philippe Chevalier (56114) | answered Apr 29 '14, 11:25 a.m.
    JAZZ DEVELOPER
    edited Apr 29 '14, 4:43 p.m.
    Hello tosh

Here is a link that explain the procedure of mapping the Group details to the war file.

Deploying applications for the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management on WebSphere Application Server
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_deploy_was.html?resultof=%22%4d%41%70%70%69%6e%67%22%20%22%6d%61%70%22%20%22%67%72%6f%75%70%22%20

In case you using the Websphere federated file based to create your groups and users information.

Managing users by using a federated, file-based registry
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_manage_users_fed_realm.html?resultof=%22%77%65%62%73%70%68%65%72%65%22%20%22%77%65%62%73%70%68%65%72%22%20%22%66%65%64%65%72%61%74%65%64%22%20%22%66%65%64%65%72%22%20

I suggest that you talk to you network admins to determine if there is an LDAP system available to you.   It may be a little harder to manage at first but later it may prove help useful for maintenance.

I Recommend that you do not use the ADMIN user,  Instead Identify a functional user in the user repository and assign this user jazzAdmin.   This way you avoid the complication of having to reset the ADMIN User, and it give you a little more security.

You need to make sure that the mapping is applied to the CCM, QM and the JTS war files.   If you fail any one of these files you may interrupt the jts/setup process and get the message you reported in the initial commen in these post.

Hope this helps

Comments
    Lalitha Prasad commented Apr 30 '14, 12:41 a.m.

Thanks for all the replies, The problem got resolved.., Earlier, I had mapped only LDAP groups, when I map user from LDAP it worked, the reason was by default the JTS synchronisation with LDAP is 48 hours, I then reduced it to 15 mins. Now I am able to login as any user from that group

Hope this solution works fr others too

Philippe Chevalier commented Apr 30 '14, 9:22 a.m. | edited Apr 30 '14, 9:28 a.m.
    JAZZ DEVELOPER

Mapping users is not the right solution,  it is possible that the WAS filters are not setup correctly, of the users are not mapped to the target jazz groups in the LDAP repository.  

Please review the following two areas.

Global security > Standalone LDAP registry > Advanced Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) user registry settings
      Review

How to verify LDAP parameters for Jazz Team server configuration

Philippe Chevalier commented Apr 30 '14, 10:44 a.m.
    JAZZ DEVELOPER

PS.  The values in the Example I provide may not be good for your system, please work with your LDAP admin to determine the proper values.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.