It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to install Tomcat after Installing jts and clm

Sian O'Briain (35921) | asked Jul 06 '15, 10:11 a.m.
Hi,

I am upgrading CLM from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2. I thought I would not need to install tomcat again so unticked the box. Does anyone know how to install the packaged tomcat post installation? I have already ran online migration so don't want to have to re-install.

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jul 06 '15, 7:10 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't think it will be too bad if you just reinstall. If your databases have already been migrated, I think the repotools script will take notice and not migrate again. If you have ever read the logs generated, you will see that before it does an update of the databases it checks to see what schema version they are at first.  I don't think there is a way to install just the packaged tomcat post-installation.

If you're still uncertain, contact support for any other mitigation ideas.

Sian O'Briain selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sian O'Briain commented Jul 07 '15, 4:14 a.m.

Thanks, I re-installed the whole lot jazz server, tomacat and all clm products. Scripts are going better this time.

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 06 '15, 7:44 p.m.
You don't have to use the bundled one. In fact, you can choose the latest version of Tomcat (stick with Tomcat 7 though). Just follow the instructions in this technote.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21687641

Comments
Sian O'Briain commented Jul 07 '15, 4:17 a.m.

Thanks Donald, I didn't see this in time and went ahead and reinstalled everything. I will use this technote however to enable my tomcat to still run as a windows service, very useful info. Thanks again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.