It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Updating resolution without changing state

Phillip Piper (15812524) | asked Jan 30 '13, 10:48 a.m.
I was looking at this today on our 3.0.1.3 server and I can't see any setting or anything that allows me to update the resolution that has been set on a resolved state without updating the state. The UI grays out the resolution once saved.

I've even tried the workaround of updating bulk work items via a query which sometimes allow you to update a field you can't update via the editor.

Is there a way to change this? Or is this a design limitation?

3 answers

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Jan 30 '13, 11:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The only way to update the resolution is to reopen the work item and than close it again; but that does update the Resolution Date, too.

Comments
Marina Derechinskaya commented Nov 25 '14, 8:56 a.m.

Is this going to be changed at a later release? We introduced new resolutions and wanted to updated existing work items without having to reopen the work items. One of the metrics that we are collecting is the percentage of work items that are reopened; reopening work items to update the resolution would skew the metric.

Is it possible to updated the resolution in RTC?

Thanks

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 26 '14, 1:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 25 '14, 9:48 a.m.
edited Nov 25 '14, 11:11 a.m.
No.. that is changing history without an audit trail.. 

I would fight against enabling this in any fashion.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 26 '14, 1:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

How is this changing history without an audit trail?   The resolution code is just another property of the work item, and a change to the resolution code is added to the history, just like any other change to a property of the work item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.