How to create modules as per project requirement in RTC?
I am configuring RTC for our project.
I want to segragate defects based on modules in our project. How can segragate defects created automatically to respetive module? Is there any tagging/flag functionality to provide unique ID to defect so that we can use that ID for filteration.
After segragagation can we connect those specific defects of one module to requirements in RRC or test cases in RQM?
One answer
Prasad,
I would suggest to look at https://jazz.net/library/article/589 first. You also might want to look into the links provided recently here: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/99058/what-is-the-best-way-to-learn-the-basics-of-rtc-40, especially the CLM workshop, I think, would be essential.
In general, you can organize work items, using categories, in teams. so if you have special teams that address special requirements domains, you can use teams for that.
There are several types of links for requirements artifacts. You can generate work items from collections, for example and track the requirements as well as understand which collections they belong to.
In general links are pretty flexible and the working model is what you make it.
For work items you can also add custom attributes with, for example, enumerations, which values could represent modules.
I would suggest to look at https://jazz.net/library/article/589 first. You also might want to look into the links provided recently here: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/99058/what-is-the-best-way-to-learn-the-basics-of-rtc-40, especially the CLM workshop, I think, would be essential.
In general, you can organize work items, using categories, in teams. so if you have special teams that address special requirements domains, you can use teams for that.
There are several types of links for requirements artifacts. You can generate work items from collections, for example and track the requirements as well as understand which collections they belong to.
In general links are pretty flexible and the working model is what you make it.
For work items you can also add custom attributes with, for example, enumerations, which values could represent modules.
Comments
Ralph Schoon
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER Jan 15 '13, 9:02 a.m.Prasad Mandre
Jan 15 '13, 11:40 a.m.Prasad Mandre
Jan 16 '13, 3:00 a.m.Max Bridges
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER Jan 16 '13, 8:21 a.m.Ralph Schoon
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER Jan 16 '13, 1:59 p.m.