It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

License question

Merav Etzyon (71012) | asked Jan 10 '13, 7:01 a.m.
retagged Jan 10 '13, 8:52 a.m. by Laura Kuczarski (21137)
 I have a question.

There are some users who need access to both RTC and RRC.

I cannot assign them two licenses at once since the system won’t let me. (tried to assign Analyst à RRC and contributer à RTC)

Please advise….

I need to know what to do and understand if I am that short in licenses. 

In addition, our QA open defects so they need access to both RQM and RTC. 

how do i handle that?

is there a license that fits all?

is there a license that gives RQM and RTC?


Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1118) | answered Jan 10 '13, 7:21 a.m.
Each of the primary licenses (RRC Analyst, RTC Developer, RQM Quality Professional) includes access to the capabilities of other two products. This extra access is equivalent to a user having a Contributor license for the other products.

In the case of RTC, a Contributor license enables a user to open work items, comment, etc.

So if you give a user a RRC Analyst or RQM Quality Professional license, that person will also be able to open work items. Of course they need to have proper permissions / project membership too.

The above is true if all Jazz application (CCM, RM, QM) are using the same Jazz Team Server. There are also some limitations if you are using special low-cost RTC developer licenses.

You can read more about this in the on-line help. Here is a link to the latest; best to look at the equivalent page for your version (if not 4.0.1), since there are minor changes each release (new license types, etc.).
Daniel Toczala selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | answered Jan 10 '13, 2:34 p.m.
The restriction has been lifted since v4.0.1. 

This is the work item:
Allow assigning Contributor and Analyst foating CALs to the same user

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.