It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

add Archived users to RTC

kavita herur (5876594) | asked Jan 04 '13, 4:13 a.m.

Hi All,

we want to import/create few read only work tickets in RTC for syncronizer purpose. few users are inactive .

Can I add inactive(archived) users to RTC. This is only for viewing name in field against creator/modifier in read only work itckets.these users should not be asigned to current work tickets.

what minimum action should be taken to add these users?

user is not in active directory. Can account still needs to be created?

Can User list be easily propagated to other server?

please provide information on this.

Thanks,

Kavita

One answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Jan 08 '13, 4:51 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can certainly add a user to RTC (using whatever process you normally use) and then archive them. The importing process can be pretty aggressive about creating things -- have you tried importing the work items in question (which I expect include users that are not in the target system) to see what happens? It may "just work".

For situations like this (where just trying something may answer your question), it is often useful to have an RTC instance on a test computer (or even your own computer) that you can start and test with. Under 10 users there is no charge. If you do much development/customization with RTC, I highly recommend having your own locally hosted server to experiment with.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.