It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I rename a custom attribute in Rational Team Concert 5.0.2?

Gary Woodward (20313) | asked Aug 12 '15, 6:16 p.m.

We created some custom attributes and added them to the work item using Add Editor under Editor Presentation in the Eclipse client. We later determined we wanted to rename the custom attribute, but I' can't find where/how to rename it.

When I go to Types and Attributes or Editor Presentation all I'm able to do is select it from a dropdown. It will allow me to add a Label, but I would prefer to rename the attribute instead of add a Label.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Aug 12 '15, 8:38 p.m.
Hi, Gary

You can even do rename from web client. You only need to go to RTC admin page > work item > Types and Attributes
and then click on the specific custom attribute to rename it:

Comments
Gary Woodward commented Aug 13 '15, 4:06 p.m.

.Thanks for your quick response, Don.

I changed the name in the web client, but it's still not displaying the new attribute name in the Work Item. Any thoughts on this?

Kevin Ramer commented Aug 13 '15, 4:45 p.m.

Often the information is cached in the client and logout/login must happen to get to the updated information.   Also, it is possible to have a label in the presentation that is different than the attribute's name.

Gary Woodward commented Aug 13 '15, 7:35 p.m.

Thanks, Kevin. I'm aware of the label, but appreciate your suggestion to log off and login again to flush the cache.

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.