It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

6.0M9 system requirements

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k12288273) | asked Feb 25 '15, 3:49 p.m.
edited Feb 26 '15, 2:21 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646)
All,

I see that 
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMSystemRequirements

Has been gone since 5.x, and this place:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/DeploymentInstallingUpgradingAndMigrating

covers up to the current release. help-dev for Help points to the above links.

Which was once 8-12GB RAM machines for::
Change and Configuration Management 5.0.2
Jazz Team Server 5.0.2
Quality Management 5.0.2
Requirements Management 5.0.2

Now there is:
Change and Configuration Management 6.0 M9
Configuration Management 6.0 M9
IBM Jazz Reporting Service 6.0 M9
Jazz Team Server 6.0 M9
Quality Management 6.0 M9
Requirements Management 6.0 M9

I am wondering about my All-in-one tomcat server clients. It seems it's time for the move to websphere. and distributed? Or could that just be for the JRS? Does Configuration Management need to be on every server that a Jazz app is located?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 26 '15, 1:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
To my knowledge, the resource requirements for 6.0 are substantially the same as for 5.0.2 (if anyone believes/knows otherwise, please post a correction).
If you currently have your 5.x reporting service (e.g. RRDI) running on a separate machine, then you might want to have the Jazz Reporting Service application run on a separate machine.
WRT the "Configuration Management" application, that is an unfortunate name ... I'm hoping it will be fixed before GA.  It is the "VVC application", which provides version selection services for RDM (Rational Design Manager).  So if you are using RTC, RQM, and RDNG, you won't be using (and therefore don't care about) the VVC application.
Sterling Ferguson-II selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.