It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you add a WebSphere Console user (8.5.5)

Dan England (824) | asked Sep 02 '16, 12:04 p.m.
 I have CLM 5.0.2 running on WS 8.5.5 using LDAP. The WebSphere Integrated Solutions Console is locked down and requires a valid log on. How do I add additional users so they can log onto the console?

Thanks,
Dan

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Sep 02 '16, 1:18 p.m.
I usually add Admin groups.   There is the primary admin ID which is the ID that first connects when security is configured.  I add our JazzAdmin group as an Administrator for the console.

Click on Administrative Group Roles in the Global Security section.   Click the Add button.  Choose Administrator in the selection list then search for some group in the search box and move the item(s) to the right pane and save.  There is also Administrative User Roles that could be used.

I think you'll need to recycle WebSphere after updating.

Comments
Dan England commented Sep 06 '16, 1:41 p.m.

i am not the main console user so i do not see that option. the user listed is no longer with the company so i guess that makes my next question how to change myself to the main console admin?

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Sep 06 '16, 4:31 p.m.
Do the following:

Locate security.xml under the WebSphere configuration, make a backup copy of it.  Open in an editor and locate

primaryAdminId=

that is associated with LDAPUserRegistry ( e.g.
<userRegistries xmi:type="security:LDAPUserRegistry" xmi:id="LDAPUserRegistry_1"  .... primaryAdminId="old_id" .... )

change the value in quotes to your ID ( hopefully the original and yours will be in the same Realm )

Stop/start WebSphere

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.