It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to change the Owner of a Change set?

Muthukumar C (32712833) | asked Dec 24 '12, 2:46 a.m.

Hi,

I want to associate a Changeset with a new workitem which is already created by someone else from my team.

But I am getting error message as follows.

Problem
Permission denied during "Source Control Operation".

User "cmuthukumar" does not have the required permission to perform the following operation: associate a work item with a change set that is owned by someone else. The "JazzAdmins" role is required to perform this operation.

Is there any way to change the owner of the changeset to a set of members (TEAM) so that they can take that changeset and associate to another workitem???

Thanks

Muthukumar

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 26 '12, 8:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In order to remove the (in my view) unnecessary restriction that only the owner/creator of a work item can associate a change set with a work item, go to the ccm/admin web page and set the "Filesystem Work Item Bridge" property to "false".

A work item requesting to control this in role-based way is Process enable add/remove work item from change set (57870).

Muthukumar C selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Muthukumar C commented Dec 26 '12, 11:28 p.m.

I am using RTC 3.0.1.2 and i am not able to find the Filesystem Work Item Bridge" property in CCM admin page. It will be great if u post a screensot of that option.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Dec 28 '12, 7:07 p.m.

It is very likely this property was introduced in 4.0 ... so you probably won't have this functionality until you upgrade your server.

Muthukumar C commented Jan 03 '13, 11:59 p.m.

It will be more practical if it is a Project Area based settings instead of Server level.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Dec 30 '14, 12:19 a.m.

Note that in 5.0.2, this is controlled by Source_Control -> Save_Change_Set_Links_and_Comments -> Modify_work_item_links" permission.

One other answer

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Dec 24 '12, 12:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
A change set can only be modified by its owner (or apparently by a JazzAdmin), and a change set can have only one owner.  It is not possible for you to associate someone else's change set with your work item.  You have to ask the change set's owner to do that.

I remember seeing a work item for this issue, but I can't find it at the moment.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.