It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

You aren't permitted to put an artifact of the selected type into the specified folder. Please change the type of the artifact or change which folder is to contain the artifact.

carlos alberto (133) | asked Dec 22 '12, 12:41 a.m.
retagged Jan 07 '13, 10:21 a.m. by Douglas Bush (28125)
 You aren't permitted to put an artifact of the selected type into the specified folder. Please change the type of the artifact or change which folder is to contain the artifact. what should I do?

Comments
David Olsen commented Dec 22 '12, 10:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

What are you trying to accomplish? 

3 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Dec 29 '12, 9:28 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I assume you are using 4.0 or 4.0.1. Have you or your administrator changed the default permissions ( by using "team areas" in the RM application)?  You can set permissions by artifact type and/or by folder.

>>> what should I do?

One or more of the following (tasks for you or your administrator):
  • Save your artifact in another folder
  • Change the artifact type so you can save in that folder
  • Change the permissions defined in team areas so you can save in that folder
  • Change your userid's membership in one or more team areas

permanent link
Douglas Bush (28125) | answered Jan 07 '13, 10:19 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This help topic may help for changing permissions:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/c_permissions.html

permanent link
Lori Quarnstrom (6) | answered Nov 12 '14, 2:55 p.m.
  I encountered this problem today for a new project in Rational Requirements Manager.  The problem was that I hadn't assigned Roles to the members of my team, including myself.  Here's how I fixed the problem:
  1. In the Requirements Management section of the Rational menu, select your project.  
  2. Under the Administration "cog" element in the upper right corner of the screen, select "Manage this Project Area".  (Note:  You must have an Administrator role to see this option.)
  3. A list of members should appear in the Members section. 
  4.  When you mouse over a member's name, an empty checkbox and a Members Menu element will appear to the left of the name.  Click on the twisty (down arrow) icon for the Members Menu.
  5. Click "Add Process Roles..." or "Edit Process Roles...".
  6. A list of roles will appear.  Select the Author role.  This should allow the member to create artifacts.
  7. When roles have been selected for members, click the Save button in the upper right corner of the page. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.