It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create master and child projects in CLM 3.0.1.2

vijay kumar (1121213) | asked Apr 29 '13, 2:53 a.m.
retagged Apr 29 '13, 4:28 p.m. by Laura Kuczarski (21137)

Hi Experts,

Need your valuable inputs on "How to create master and child projects hirarchy in CLM 3.0.1.2" applications?

2 answers

permanent link
KrishnaKanth Naik (76511015) | answered Apr 29 '13, 3:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Vijay 

Let me answer this from RTC perspective.. 

You can use the option of "Process sharing" in the Project Area Administration, by making the Project Area that you wish to make as the Master PA,  as "Allow other project areas to use this project area's process" and then create a newer Project Area using the unconfigured PA. 

This newer PA would be child PA. You would then need to mark this to use the first PA as the Source PA "
Use the process from another project area for this project area". 

See the following link for more info:

Standardize process in your organization by using project area process sharing

I see that the same option is also available in RRC too, but I am not sure if the same procedure works for RRC too. 

Comments
vijay kumar commented May 06 '13, 4:37 a.m.

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs, I have tried this option. But it is like sharing project process template to other projects.

If i want to see all work items which are there in master project & child projects, is this possible?

Please try to explain me.

Thanks,

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Apr 29 '13, 3:37 a.m.
After you finalize and created the master project area, you can create Child project areas by selecting the Unconfigured Process template and from the process sharing section you should be able to point it to the master project area and the child PA will consume the process of the master. Here are the steps

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.