It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do we need to use only AL32UTF8 character set while creating a database for CLM in oracle?

nicky john (3135) | asked May 29 '14, 7:29 a.m.
edited May 30 '14, 4:35 p.m. by Douglas Bush (28125)
CLM help page on "setting up a Oracle db" I see IBM have specified that one should use AL32UTF8  character set while creating a database for CLM in oracle.

Is there any specific reason for this?

Thanks
Nicky C.J

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented May 29 '14, 12:02 p.m.

Hi Nicky,
I am not sure about the answer, anyway this will be the first thing that support checks if you have any problem with database. Anyway what is the reason you are asking? Do you have already database set in different encoding?

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented May 29 '14, 12:03 p.m.

Hi Nicky,
I am not sure about the answer, anyway this will be the first thing that support checks if you have any problem with database. Anyway what is the reason you are asking? Do you have already database set in different encoding?

nicky john commented May 30 '14, 12:55 a.m.

Hi Krzysztof,

I am trying to integrate Clearquest with RRC.
Here clearquest database in oracle is create with character set WE8ISO8859P1(Western European 8-bit ISO 8859 Part 1)
and CLM database base in oracle is currently set to AL32UTF8. but after integration while i am trying to link a requirement from RRC to a record in CQ, if the requirement has spaces or symbols. It throws and error.

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented May 30 '14, 2:29 a.m.

Hi Nicky,
How you are going to integrate CQ with RRC? Do you use information from infocenter?
Also can you show us the error you have?

nicky john commented May 30 '14, 5:51 a.m.

i am not able to upload the snapshot.
anyways i am integrating using the OSLC method.

Please follow the below link to view the  method i am using for the integration.
CQ_RRC_integration.

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented May 30 '14, 7:34 a.m.

Hi Nicky,
It is really weird for me that wrong database encoding has caused issues with OSLC. It is potential candidate for a defect if it is true. What is exactly error message you see?

nicky john commented May 30 '14, 7:50 a.m.

Hi Krzysztof,

Given below is the error messsage that appears while trying to link CQ records to RRC requirements.

CRMMD1785E The field "oslcl_label" contains characters that are not supported by the data code page, "20127 (US-ASCII)". The following characters are invalid:
  at 10
  at 28
  at 33
  at 42
  at 47
CRMMD1792E There are 2 additional invalid characters in this field.

nicky john commented May 30 '14, 7:50 a.m.

Details

CRVAP0075E After completion of the 'ServerPropPatch' operation, not all resources were delivered as requested. CRVSV0187E Record has invalid field values. CRVAP0290E CRMMD1785E The field "oslcl_label" contains characters that are not supported by the data code page, "20127 (US-ASCII)". The following characters are invalid:   at 10   at 28   at 33   at 42   at 47 CRMMD1792E There are 2 additional invalid characters in this field.

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

One answer

permanent link
Michael Afshar (7014) | answered May 29 '14, 12:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Setting character set to Unicode (AL32UTF8) enables you to store multiple language groups.

See http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_4.0.6/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_s_server_installation_setup_oracle.html for more information about creating Oracle databases and tablespace.

Thanks,

Michael

Comments
nicky john commented May 30 '14, 12:59 a.m.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply. 
Further is it possible to configure CLM on oracle with character set as WE8ISO8859P1 (Western European 8-bit ISO 8859 Part 1)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.