It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"JVMJ9VM015W Initialization error for library j9gc23" when upgrading CLM from 3.0.1 to 3.0.1.5

Joseph Simon Arokiaraj (21414845) | asked Dec 09 '12, 10:06 a.m.
edited Aug 25 '15, 6:58 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103)

Hi All,

I have tried to test the upgrade of CLM from 3.0,.1 to 3.0.1.5 on a test machine (Windows XP 32 bit) by following the steps in https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0.1.5?p=upgrading

We got a basic evaluation setup which uses Derby and Tomcat. Tried the steps mentioned in the section "Upgrading from version 3.0.1 using Tomcat".

Got error when I tried step 9

C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer_1\server>repotools-jts.bat -addTables noProm
pt
JVMJ9VM015W Initialization error for library j9gc23(2): Failed to instantiate he
ap; 1500M requested
Could not create the Java virtual machine.

Moving forward, When I started the server and tried to invoke the URL https://<server>:9443/jts, it allowed me to login and lots of services are showing failed.

Error in Jts log:

java.lang.RuntimeException: CRJAZ1050I There is a version mismatch between the installed code and the database. See the product documentation for migrating the Jazz repository.

Could you please take a look at it and update me whats gone wrong with the upgrade?

Cheers,

Joseph

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 09 '12, 5:01 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you can't get through all upgrade steps, you can't use the partially upgraded database. From looking at your error I would suspect you have a memory problem on your system. I would check the tomcat and the application logs in addition to the upgrade logs to understand why

JVMJ9VM015W Initialization error for library j9gc23(2): Failed to instantiate he
ap; 1500M requested
Could not create the Java virtual machine. 
happened in the first place. Correct that e.g. reduce the memory requirements or whatever is the root cause, then finalize the upgrade.
Joseph Simon Arokiaraj selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.