It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automatically 'accept' incoming changes in a ClearCase Synchronized Stream.

Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | asked Nov 28 '12, 4:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 28 '12, 7:20 a.m.
I have a bigger team using ClearCase and a sub team working with Team Concert. It is neccessary, to 'deliver' all stuff created in Team Concert SCM to a branch in ClearCase (non UCM).

My idea of a setup is to have a 'main' stream in Team Concert into which all RTC developers are delivering their changes. All stuff delivered to that main stream should automatically be delivered to the ClearCase Synchronized Stream which synchronizes the data to ClearCase on regular bases.

How can I have the automated delivery from my 'main' stream to the ClearCase Synchronized Stream?
(Because I do only one direction synchronization, there will never be conflicts.)

If I add the ClearCase Synchronized Stream as a Flow Target for my main stream, I can see the changes as Outgoing in the pending changes view. But I still have to deliver manually.

One answer

permanent link
Masabumi koinuma (46115) | answered Nov 28 '12, 6:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Hajo,

It sounds like the ClearCase Synchronizer is a good fit for your scenario. In order to deliver change-sets to ClearCase synchronized stream automatically, you can configure a script on the ClearCase Sync. stream to run it just before ( or just after) the synchronization. I think you can write a short script to deliver change-sets to the stream with RTC-SCM CLI, and configure it to the sync. stream. You can refer this page to configure it:

https://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.doc/topics/t_sync_custom_scripts.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.