It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Empty Recorded Builds" -- Can I use RTC to stop the creation of States for Testing/Deployment

Mahari Hill (4861169230) | asked Sep 21 '15, 10:53 a.m.
CLM 502

All,

I have a Java team using RTC and it's easy to see what needs to be tested by their "Included In Builds" link. I have other "contributors" and I would like for them to follow the same process so we can see Java, Documentation, etc all have a "Included In Builds" link and we can test from there.

How can we get Web users to have their work items attached to "Builds"? Basically on Friday, Java+Documentation+etc all will deploy to UAT. I would like to see a "Build" for something like Non_Java_20150925 or something like that attached to all of the Non Java Work items that should be tested.

If we can't do this, they want to add states for Ready to Test, and Ready to Deploy or something....

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Sep 22 '15, 12:58 a.m.
The post https://jazz.net/forum/questions/90893/linking-work-items-to-builds explained about "Included in builds" link type in details. 
It's not possible to manually create the "Included in builds" link. Only the work items associated with the change sets that are accepted into the build workspace at the start of the build will be added with the link. 
Mahari Hill selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mahari Hill commented Sep 23 '15, 11:41 a.m.

thanks.

that sucks. :-(

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.