It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 4.0_All OOTB ETL doesn't work -insight

Deepaa Aadithya (31223) | asked Nov 16 '12, 4:37 p.m.
edited Nov 19 '12, 10:02 a.m.

Hello All,

After setting up CLM v 4.0 with Insight 1.1.1 in our evaluation environment, we are unable to run CLM4.0_ALL ETL in the OOTB catalog. The ETL just hangs/freezes on RRCRequirementLinkType build.

Did anyone run into this?

Thank you!

Deepaa

7 answers

permanent link
Kunal Bajaj (26810) | answered Mar 11 '14, 6:04 p.m.
Marc,

We finally figured what was happening but not sure why. When running this build, the build hangs at the same place. Once we turn the READ SNAPSHOT on in the database (SQL Server), the build stopped hanging. Not sure why this happens on this build and not others. Also, our DBA turned on the SQL Profiler trace and monitored the jobs on prior runs and did not find any deadlocks in the database. Any insights will be appreciated. Thanks.

Kunal

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | answered Nov 28 '12, 3:14 p.m.
We didn't have any issues with this.  Have you resolved this by now?

permanent link
Kunal Bajaj (26810) | answered Mar 06 '14, 11:26 a.m.
 We are facing the same issue with the RRCRequirementLinkType build. We are on Insight 1.1.1.2 and CLM 4.03. Have you been able to resolve this? Can you please share how you resolved it? Thanks.

permanent link
Marc Nehme (276157) | answered Mar 11 '14, 4:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Kunal, can you enable full tracing by selecting all the trace levels when you run the job (in the 'Execute Jobstream' window) and paste the details of that specific fact build here? Is it hanging at the same place within that build?

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Mar 12 '14, 9:53 a.m.
edited Mar 12 '14, 9:53 a.m.
Hello Kunal,

thanks for sharing your solution.
I had the same hang issue on RRCRequirementLinkType and setting READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT on for the data warehouse fixed it.

For reference the command i used was:
ALTER DATABASE DW
SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON
Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

permanent link
Kunal Bajaj (26810) | answered Mar 12 '14, 2:34 p.m.
 Francesco,

Thanks for confirming. We used the same command. Btw, did you experience any performance degradation in the ETL process because of this. Any other 'side effects'?

Kunal

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Mar 13 '14, 11:19 a.m.
edited Mar 13 '14, 11:32 a.m.
Hello Kunal,

so far I'm not aware of any side effect of the change.
Since this issue seems to be recurrent, there is an IBM internal work item where development is investigating the impact of the READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON setting on the data warehouse (Internal reference: RRDI (private) - Task 108171).
I'll update this thread when there will be a conclusion that can be shared.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.