It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Data warehouse problems after upgrade

Ryan Boyce (3212) | asked Mar 31 '17, 3:47 p.m.

We updated from CLM 5.0.2 to 6.0.3 recently and soon noticed our data warehouse started to malfunction. I discovered the problem when my Cognos reports that summarized data from the Timesheet table of the data model started coming up empty the day after the upgrade. I attempted to fix it by downloading what I assumed was the new data model for version 6, but soon got hung up there. The details on that attempt are found in this forum post:

Then, we discovered that the Burndown widget reports in RTC also stopped working on this same upgrade date. These two problems have to be related somehow; both reports get data from the data warehouse. However, I doubt that the burndown reports are related to the data model download I tried for the timesheet problem.

We will submit a support request to IBM, to see if we missed anything in our upgrade steps, but I thought I'd ask the community if they could give us any help. 

Appreciative of any help or ideas,

Ryan

3 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Apr 03 '17, 3:17 a.m.

Hello Ryan,

expanding on Jackie's answer, if you were using the default CLM data collection (Java ETL) in 5.0.2, this has been removed in version 6.
In order to populate the data warehouse you need to add the Data Collection Component (DCC) to the CLM installation  and configure it.
The recommendation is to have the application on a dedicated server as being better performing than the Java ETL it utilizes more resources and might affect negatively other applications on the same machine.

Best Regards
Francesco Chiossi

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Mar 31 '17, 3:52 p.m.

Are your DCC jobs to populate the warehouse running correctly, with no errors?

permanent link
Ryan Boyce (3212) | answered Apr 03 '17, 12:15 p.m.

Jackie, 

Yes, our DCC jobs are running successfully every night. Only reports which gather timesheet data, and now the burndown reports from the out-of-the-box widgets, do not work (as far as I know). The data warehouse otherwise appears to be working fine.

Francesco,
We have DCC installed and configured. You said that the default CLM data collection was removed. We have DCC though, so this shouldn't be my problem, right? As I said, there is data in the data warehouse, it just appears that some of it is missing.

Thanks for your responses,
Ryan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.