It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What happened to the Enumerations area in the Insight Reporting Package in CLM 4.0?

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Jul 15 '13, 4:51 a.m.
I need to add an emumeration to a custom report I'm creating.  I'm confused as to which is the correct way to do it.

One of our Insight Projects has an Request Enumeration area in the ODS package and makes it easy to add enumeration data to reports. However, our other Insight Projects do not have this and are also missing some other sections under Request as well.  The one Project that has it was on a previous Insight version and also CLM 3.0.x.  The ones that do not have the Enumerations area all started in 4.0.x and Insight 1.1.1.1

Did the process of adding custom attributes/enumerations to reports change with the 4.0 release? It seems a lot easier with the Enumerations area already in the report package. 

I couldn't find anything in the Insight documentation but did find this article: https://jazz.net/library/article/638
Is that article the current recommended way to add a custom enumeration to Rational Insight?

I also tried importing the (DW + CALM) model from the project with the Enumerations area to one of the others but that didn't change anything.

What's the recommended way to add custom enumerations into the reporting package for reports?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | answered Jul 15 '13, 9:10 a.m.

Hi Michael,

The Request Enumeration and related areas of the data model package are not shipped with the Insight data model.  You'll need to download the model from your CLM server and apply it to your Insight environment, and that version of the model will include the CLM extensions for custom attributes.

Hope that helps!

Michael Walker selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael Walker commented Jul 15 '13, 3:58 p.m.

Thanks Jackie for the response.  As part of setup I have always imported the Rational Reporting Data Model (DW + CALM) that I downloaded from the jts/admin.  I import it as part of the /jts/setup steps.

From first appearances it seems the projects that were setup with CLM 3.0 have the Enumerations area and those that were setup with CLM 4.0 do not.  It appears the Data  Model is different between the 2 versions.

Michael Walker commented Jul 15 '13, 4:40 p.m.

I finally got it to work by importing the data model from the project that was already listing them correctly.  Although I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong as part of setup.  I download the (DW + CALM) model from CLM and put it in the Deployment folder, then import it through the jts/setup.  I verified with each of the projects that the model is in the deployment folder and I did the initial import.

Almost seems like the data model I'm downloading from CLM 4.0 is downlevel.  In any case I know how to fix it now.  Thanks again for the help.

Michael Walker commented Jul 16 '13, 4:00 p.m.

Looks like there might be a defect here.  Another user had the same issue where downloading the data model from 4.0.3 was downlevel.

Jackie Albert commented Jul 16 '13, 4:03 p.m.

I've heard the same thing - I'm still on CLM 4.0.2 / Insight 1.1.1.1 so I have been unable to verify yet.

Francesco Chiossi commented Jul 17 '13, 4:35 a.m.

There is also a data model included in the Insight 1.1.1.1 sample reports package that is not up to date with CLM 4.X. If this package is imported after the CLM data model it will overwrite the up to date data model with the older one.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.