Why am I getting ".\cqjniproxy.dll is not a valid Win32 application." when using Data Services with Insight and CQ?
I setup 64 bit WAS 7.0.0.27 and 64 bit Insight 1.1.1.1 and configured to work with an existing CLM401 install. I also installed Data Services to pull CQ data into the report. I setup Data Services correctly as I can access the /DataServices url fine, but when I try to access /DataServices/ClearQuest I get the error below.
I've verified the CQ client is installed and setup with the CQ Maintenance Tool. Although the CQ client is only 32-bit. Is this my issue and I need to install the 64-bit CQ client instead?
Error 500: CRRED0200E: An unspecified error has occurred. Caused by: [CRVAP0049E Cannot instantiate protocol provider: cqjniproxy (.\cqjniproxy.dll is not a valid Win32 application. ) ] Caused by: [null] Caused by: [cqjniproxy (.\cqjniproxy.dll is not a valid Win32 application. )]
Accepted answer
I believe Insight uses the ClearQuest JNI interface to pull the CQ data and that JNI interface is 32-bit only, and cannot be loaded into 64-bit JVM.
Could you use a 32-bit WAS? If using 64-bit WAS is desired, please submit a RFE against ClearQuest.
Thanks
- Yuhong Yin
Development Manager
ClearCase/ClearQuest Jazz Integrations
Email: yyin@us.ibm.com
Could you use a 32-bit WAS? If using 64-bit WAS is desired, please submit a RFE against ClearQuest.
Thanks
- Yuhong Yin
Development Manager
ClearCase/ClearQuest Jazz Integrations
Email: yyin@us.ibm.com
2 other answers
As Yuhong Yin mentioned, we've had to set up a separate 32-bit WAS for DataServices. It's a pain, but it's what got things working.
Comments
Thank Jackie for sharing your experience!
By the way, here is the technote on this limitation.
Reports that use JNI data sources will not run with WebSphere 64-bit edition
Thanks
- Yuhong Yin
Development Manager
ClearCase/ClearQuest Jazz Integrations
Email: yyin@us.ibm.com
By the way, here is the technote on this limitation.
Reports that use JNI data sources will not run with WebSphere 64-bit edition
Thanks
- Yuhong Yin
Development Manager
ClearCase/ClearQuest Jazz Integrations
Email: yyin@us.ibm.com