It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

File attachment through IE8 adds path and not file

Jeff Foege (45266960) | asked Nov 06 '12, 5:00 p.m.
We just happen to notice that when adding a file attachment to a work item it attaches the actual path to the file from the user's machine instead of uploading the file when using IE8. We are running RTC v4.0. If I use Firefox everything uploads fine. It also works fine through the thick client as well.

We are stuck using IE8 (corporate standard for now) and we aren't allowed to use Firefox either.

Comments
Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Nov 07 '12, 7:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

As another data point, I just tested this with RTC 4.0 and IE9, and I was able to successfully upload a text file.  As IE only lets you have one version installed at a time, unfortunately I can't test IE8. 

Natalia Trofimov commented Nov 20 '12, 1:40 p.m.

Some of our users have the same problem with RTC 2.x using IE8. does the defect exist on this issue? the attachment cannot be opened after uploading with  the path to the file.

One answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Jul 02 '13, 6:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
IE has under security settings, an option to include the path.

you can read through : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21626285 for changing the setting and to be able to add attachments without the local machine's path.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.