It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I just completed an error free installation of IBM RAM 7.5.1.1 When I open RAM in a browser, I receive a Jazz Java Client error. Any thoughts on how to resolve the error?

David Carryer (112) | asked Mar 07 '17, 12:51 p.m.
edited Mar 07 '17, 1:00 p.m.
The specific error is as follows:

Cannot find the location for the Jazz Java Client loc="C:\Program Files ( <wbr> x86)\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\ <wbr> profiles\AppSrv01\ <wbr> installedApps\ram- <wbr> vmNode01Cell\ <wbr> RAM1WebApplication.ear\com. <wbr> ibm.ram.utility.jar\..\..\com. <wbr> ibm.ram.jazz.java", baseLoc="C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ <wbr> AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\ <wbr> installedApps\ram- <wbr> vmNode01Cell\ <wbr> RAM1WebApplication.ear\com. <wbr> ibm.ram.utility.jar"

This error is seen on ever RAM web page at the top, with an option to go to the "Configuration" page.  When I go to the recommended page, I still see the error, but when I scroll down the error appears a second time specifically under the "Internal Rational Team Concert" section of options.

I went through the logs to try an additional details.  All I found was this exact error.

Any thoughts on how I can resolve the error would be most appreciated.  I'm quite new to the setup of JAZZ / RAM / WebSphere, so your guidance is well received.

*edited because of strange formatting in the copy-paste of the error*

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 08 '17, 11:47 p.m.

First thing I will try is to re-install it in a different location, definitely not under "C:\Program Files (x86)". WebSphere hates whitespaces in the path and will behaves erratically.

I'm not familiar with RAM - is 32 bit the only option available? I rarely see or use 32 bit these days.

permanent link
Rahul Choudhary (662) | answered Jun 21 '17, 3:39 a.m.

Hi David,

Have you completed the post-installation configuration of RAM ? You can refer t the below guide on how to configure jazz and other required configurations post the installation:

Hope it helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.