It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to find what object a UUID belongs to?

Andy Jewell (24236374) | asked Nov 12 '13, 4:58 p.m.
 Hi. . . I have a workspace that keeps getting broken again and again.  I've filed a defect on it but meanwhile I still have the problem.  The error is:

[tomcat@pzxdcc0131 master]$ /opt/jazz/scmtools/eclipse/lscm status -i "in:c" -d ".." -j
Unexpected exception
com.ibm.team.rtc.cli.infrastructure.internal.core.CLIClientException: Inverse metadata missing for item [UUID _I4nt4EsiEeOz5qGYSSMv-g]
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.util.StatusHelper.toCLIClientException(StatusHelper.java:715)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.AbstractSubcommand.run(AbstractSubcommand.java:53)
        at com.ibm.team.rtc.cli.infrastructure.internal.core.SubcommandLauncher.run(SubcommandLauncher.java:534)
        at com.ibm.team.rtc.cli.infrastructure.internal.core.SubcommandLauncher.doStart(SubcommandLauncher.java:356)
        at com.ibm.team.rtc.cli.infrastructure.internal.core.SubcommandLauncher.run(SubcommandLauncher.java:125)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.daemon.CommandLineClient.handleRequest(CommandLineClient.java:154)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.http.ProtocolSwitchingHttpHandler.handle(ProtocolSwitchingHttpHandler.java:46)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.http.HttpConnection.readNextRequest(HttpConnection.java:628)
        at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.http.HttpConnection$1.run(HttpConnection.java:470)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Inverse metadata missing for item [UUID _I4nt4EsiEeOz5qGYSSMv-g]

I don't mean to get into the specifics of why it's happening, etc, but I'm looking for help on how I might trace that UUID to something useful?  If I knew what that UUID belonged to, I could try removing/recreating that object.

Any ideas?

- Andy

Comments
Shashikant Padur commented Nov 12 '13, 10:16 p.m. | edited Nov 12 '13, 10:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The below defect was raised on this issue. Following it up in the defect...

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=289342 

By the way, there isn't a way to figure out the type of the item from UUID. I believe I have seen an enhancement request on this.

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Nov 12 '13, 7:24 p.m.
Hi, Andy

Are you using v4.x scmtools? If yes, you may try scm list remotefiles
to find the item's UUID.
When using scm load, always using a clean directory could help to avoid this kind of error.

Don

permanent link
Andy Jewell (24236374) | answered Nov 12 '13, 7:36 p.m.
Thanks, that helps, though it still seems if I don't know whether it's a file, a component, a baseline or anything that has a UUID am I stuck?  I.e,. do I have to know what it is in order to list it?

On your clean directory recommendation, this process is running from a build server so it does go back to the same workspace every time.  What do you suggest is the best way to clean it?  Would that be to unload it, remove the filesystem folders and stop the daemon?

- Andy

Comments
Don Yang commented Nov 12 '13, 9:20 p.m.

I am not sure if there is any better way to find out which asset has the concerned UUID.
I leave it to someone else to comment and see if there is any way other way to find out the info you are after.

it is not clear whether workspace is a problem or not here. If you use a brand new workspace, do you see the issue are gone? In our experience, the sandbox to load the files are more problematic. It is not clear the whole picture here how you do auto build,
are you using ant script or scm command script etc? Whether you use buildtoolkit to delete the sandbox during build and so on.

One directory that we are aware of  is the .jazz-scm directory in the
users home directory. (i.e. c:\users\<username>.jazz-scm)
not sure if it is related to this issue but might be worth
deleting it and letting it get recreated. (there are a few files that
can be manually configured in that directory so it might be better to
make a backup copy before deleting it)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.