It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Bi-directional link between RRC 4.0 and DM 4.0

Kenji Sarai (96029) | asked Oct 22 '12, 10:07 p.m.
I have created a link between RRC 4.0 and RDM 4.0 from RSA, but cannot find the link displayed in RRC 4.0. It looks like the link is one way from DM to RRC only. Here is same question for RRC 3
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/55136/rrc-integration

Does anyone know if it applies to RRC/RDM 4.0, and any plan to implement bi-directional link in the future?
Thanks,

Accepted answer

permanent link
James Conallen (761) | answered Oct 23 '12, 9:58 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kenji,

The current state of the RRC/DM integration is that while it is possible for you to define any link type in DM and reference any other type of resource like a requirement in RRC. 

The bi-directional visibility between DM and RRC is such that only one link type 'Derives' is actually made visible in the RRC user interface.  So if you want to see a relationship to a DM resource from within the RRC user interface the link type must be Derives From/Derives.  This link can be created from either applications UI.

If the link type Derives From is not available in the DM UI, go to the project's properties and deploy the pre-defined link types.  You'll find it in that bunch.  You can always selectively delete the other pre-defined link types deployed if you don't want them.

I hope this helps.

-jim
Daniel Leroux selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Hivzo C. commented Mar 17 '14, 3:31 a.m.

Hi James.

We are running CLM 4.0.3 and I would like to know if there are still limitations on this version regarding bidirectional linking from/to DM to RRC/RQM/RTC?

I can not find this information anywhere. We are having issues with this in our installation, but I don't know whether it is a defect or works-as-designed.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Hivzo.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.