It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

There is a term that is not to look up

Kazuo Fujita (157) | asked Oct 19 '12, 5:36 a.m.
My environment : RRC 4.0.0.1 Windows7 Derby
I created requirements successfully.
I focused one word in sentence and clicked add item icon.
Then I focused the word and clicked lookup item icon.
Explanation of terms was seen a pop-up appears.
Next I imported csv file what was written glossary. (UTF-8)
No problem.
I could see imported glossary. (artifact type:item, checked use as glossary)
I opened a requirement and focused one word in sentence and clicked looup item icon.
"There is not the item" was seen a pop-up appears.
Can not glossary import? or One possible reason or else?

2 answers

permanent link
Barry McIntosh (11) | answered Oct 30 '12, 2:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Kazuo

There is a problem in 4.0.0.1 with importing artifacts as terms. After the import the artifacts are not properly found as terms even though the "use as terms" checkbox is checked for the artifact type.

There is a workaround:
After doing the import, make some edit to each imported term and save it.  It will then be properly found in term lookups.
The edit can be of any attribute and you don't even have to actually change the value - just as long as the artifact is saved.  You may be able to do this to many terms at a time by selecting several terms in the Artifacts listing and using the "Edit the attributes for # artifacts" menu option.

So the reason the term was found after you changed the font is that by making that change you saved the artifact as described for the workaround.

Regards

Barry McIntosh

Comments
Kazuo Fujita commented Oct 30 '12, 9:18 p.m. | edited Oct 30 '12, 9:19 p.m.

Hi Barry McIntosh.

Thank you for your answer.  I was thinking a workround like you too. However, this workround is not perfect. Still, because I still can not lookup some terms. I hope to resolve perfectly by [Work Item 67593].

Regards.

Kazuo

permanent link
Kazuo Fujita (157) | answered Oct 24 '12, 5:23 a.m.
The reason is because the font is probably different. Imported font of term is "Arial". The font of term was created using add term icon is "Lucida Sans Unicode". Because I modify the font, looked up  correctly.

Comments
Kazuo Fujita commented Oct 25 '12, 1:20 a.m.
Even the same way, I have found that there may not be the case as possible. After all , do I only have to make a direct glossary?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.