It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelWordImporter - Exception when get from RM server The operation has timed out

VIJAY SUNDARESHWARAN (25247) | asked Feb 11 '13, 4:43 p.m.
retagged Feb 15 '13, 2:03 p.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)
I am trying to use RQMExcelWordImporter Utility v4.0.1 to upload some of my test cases to RQM and also link them to their corresponding Requirements in RRC. 

I am using "Export to Repository" option from the Test Cases Spreadsheet RQM - Add In and I check the "Link to existing requirement" option. 

On the other side on RRC, I have more than 700 Requirements in the project. Now, when I try to upload the test cases and try to link them to the exisiting requirements, the RQMExcelWordImporter displays the Test Cases from the spreadsheet, but it does not display any requirements from the Project. Instead, the utility displays an error: "no requirement get from the project area" as shown in the image shown below.

I have tried this same operation on another project with lesser number of requirements and that works fine and I can see the requirements listed on the "Select Artifact" pane on the right side. But for this project which has more number of requirements, they don't get listed under the "Select Artifact" pane (right pane) and the Application Data\Mso2Rqm\Mso2Rqm_Debug.log has the following ERROR:

2/11/2013 4:28:06 PM: INFO: <Unknown Caller Context>: response from project has response content key 
2/11/2013 4:28:06 PM: INFO: <Unknown Caller Context>: response has keys: System.Collections.Hashtable+HashtableEnumerator

2/11/2013 4:30:12 PM: ERROR: <Unknown Caller Context>: Exception when get from RM server: The operation has timed out
Can someone let me know if there is any configuration setting or any other way to import these large number of test cases and link them with the Requirements?

Error Showing No requirements though there are many requirements

5 answers

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Feb 19 '13, 10:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 20 '13, 2:33 a.m.
Hi Vijay,
did you associate the RM project area with the RQM project area that used to exporting the test assets?
and would you try to change
SPARQL Query abort timeout (in ms) in "Advanced Properties" on the admin properties page
to a larger number and try again?

Comments
VIJAY SUNDARESHWARAN commented Mar 05 '13, 2:38 p.m.

@Hao Wan  ... Thanks for the reply... But I am trying to find out the parameter you have mentioned. Can you please point me to where I should be able to find it?

I am looking in RQM ->Manage Project Properties . Is this the correct menu item to look for or can you indicate where I should find the parameter - "SPARQL Query abort timeout (in ms) in "Advanced Properties" ?

Thanks,
Vijay.S

permanent link
VIJAY SUNDARESHWARAN (25247) | answered Mar 12 '13, 4:03 p.m.
edited Mar 12 '13, 4:03 p.m.
Hao Wan... Can you please let me know where I can find the option to increase the  "SPARQL Query abort timeout (in ms) in "Advanced Properties" on the admin properties page" as suggested in your answer above?

Thanks,
Vijay.S

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Mar 12 '13, 10:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Vijay,
you can find it in https://<server:port>/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.configureAdvanced

Comments
VIJAY SUNDARESHWARAN commented Apr 02 '13, 12:12 p.m.

Hao...

The SPARQL Query Abort Timeout value is set to 300000 (in ms), which is 5 minutes. The error I am facing above seems to occur well within the 5 minutes time period and I am not sure if that is what is causing the problem. The Error logs from \Application Data\Mso2Rqm\Mso2Rqm_Debug.log is as follows:

4/2/2013 11:25:46 AM: INFO: <Unknown Caller Context>: response from project has response content key 

4/2/2013 11:25:46 AM: INFO: <Unknown Caller Context>: response has keys: System.Collections.Hashtable+HashtableEnumerator

4/2/2013 11:28:04 AM: ERROR: <Unknown Caller Context>: Exception when get from RM server: The operation has timed out

Is there anything else that we can try to resolve this problem?

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Apr 09 '13, 4:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For tracking purpose, there are currently 3 open forum questions on this topics :
- https://jazz.net/forum/questions/108603/is-there-a-limit-on-the-number-of-results-requirements-that-can-be-fetched-from-rrc
- https://jazz.net/forum/questions/103937/rqmexcelimporter-time-out-loading-requirements
- (this one) https://jazz.net/forum/questions/102314/rqmexcelwordimporter-exception-when-get-from-rm-server-the-operation-has-timed-out

permanent link
Diane Everitt (27835) | answered Jun 20 '13, 11:54 a.m.
It has been identified that this is a limitation of RM OSLC REST API as
there is, in fact, no timeout option provided by the RM server when
querying the requirement url.

An enhancement request has been submitted to use pagination:

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=88033

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.