It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to download RQM excel Add-in for Mac OS Big Sur

Hemanth Kalthireddy (112) | asked Jan 25 '21, 6:29 a.m.

Hi Team,

I am unable to download the RQM Add in for Excel. I have used the below link for downloading it:

OS details:
Mac OS Big Sur : 11.0.1.

Please let me know if there is a support for Mac OS. If not , what resort RQM help team has proposed ?

Regards,
Hemanth

2 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Jan 25 '21, 7:58 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you be more specific: what exactly is not working as expected? 

Are you able to click in the box to accept the license? 
Do you get a URL to the zip file after that?

Note that we have not tested Big Sur with v6.0.2 and don't plan to test it (v6.0.2 is out of support--when will your organization upgrade?)

We have seen some challenges with Big Sur related to the Eclipse client (for example https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62647625/not-able-to-run-eclipse-on-macos-big-sur which is not relevant in your case). I'm not aware of any challenges related to the ExcelWordImporter (but they may exist). We are working to test/support Big Sur in the release currently under development.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Jan 25 '21, 10:58 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I checked with the team, and the ExcelWordImporter is not supported on macOS (any version). They will look at making that clearer on the download page.

Comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.