It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Not able to open Installation Manager UI

Bharat Patel (81123943) | asked Oct 17 '12, 2:58 p.m.
This query is about Installation Manager. I am not sure i can post here or not. Installation Manager (IM)1.5.2 is installed in Linux . All Jazz based tool and WAS is installed using IM 1.5.2. Now i want to upgrade WAS 8.0 to WAS 8.0.0.3 using IM. But when i am trying to launch IM through command prompt using ./launcher, nothing is happening . It is returning commmand prompt again. It is not launching IM UI window with option Install, UnInstall, Update, Modify etc. I tried to check in log file, but log file is also blank. Can any one please tell me what is root cause and how to resolve this issue?

4 answers

permanent link
Mridula Muppana (1261) | answered Oct 17 '12, 3:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Can you try using ./IBMIM to launch the Installation Manager?

Thanks,
Mridula.

Comments
Bharat Patel commented Oct 17 '12, 3:27 p.m.

Thanks Mridula for prompt reply.

I tried ./IBMIM also but it is returning same command prompt.

I am not able to figure out how to open IBM IM UI. I have installed IM in Linux Platform (SUSE Linux)

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Oct 17 '12, 4:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
At a last solution, try uninstalling and installing IM again, probably that fix any corruption in IM installation by any mean

permanent link
Mridula Muppana (1261) | answered Oct 17 '12, 4:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 17 '12, 4:28 p.m.
Bharat,
For IM to open on Unix / Linux, you need to have a browser and all the compatible GTK libraries installed. Since you mentioned that you were able to install WAS, I assume all these are in place. Please check these links out to see if it helps:
https://jazz.net/library/article/774

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v8r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.websphere.installation.express.doc%2Finfo%2Fexp%2Fae%2Ftins_launch.html

Did anything getting logged when you used ./IBMIM to launch IM? The logs would be under
/opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse  or the configuration directory within that.

Comments
Bharat Patel commented Oct 18 '12, 4:02 p.m. | edited Oct 18 '12, 4:03 p.m.

Mridula,

In log file, i can see following error.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:

../opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/177/1/.cp/libswt-pi-gtk-3659.so (/lib/libexpat.so.1: invalid ELF header)

swt-pi-gtk (Not found in java.library.path)

/tmp/swtlib-32/libswt-pi-gtk-3659.so (/lib/libexpat.so.1: invalid ELF header)

/tmp/swtlib-32/libswt-pi-gtk.so (/tmp/swtlib-32/liblibswt-pi-gtk.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

Can you please let me know how to fix this?

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Oct 21 '12, 1:53 a.m.
Looks like there is some mismatch of 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
Please have a look at the technote below:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21380014

Hope this helps!!

Best Regards
Rajat

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.