It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Configuring 2 versions of RQM on same server

Rajesh Avanthi (10815145173) | asked Feb 05 '14, 11:23 a.m.
edited Feb 05 '14, 11:25 a.m.
Hi

Is it possible to configure and install RQM v2.0.1.1 and RQM v3.x on same server machine ?
If yes, then what are the steps to be followed ?
If not, any reason why?

Reference:
I see similar discussion where they speak about configuring RQM  v1.0.1.1 and v2.0 on same server machine.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21397277

Comments
N Z commented Feb 05 '14, 4:11 p.m. | edited Feb 06 '14, 4:50 a.m.
Why do you need to run both versions? What is it that you are trying to achieve?
 If you want to run both versions, then yes, it's possible as explained above, but I fear you may be creating problems for yourself later on.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Feb 05 '14, 11:38 a.m.
edited Feb 06 '14, 4:51 a.m.
I would recommend that you use to separate application servers (for example two Tomcat instances) on the same machine. Please note that for one of the instances you need to go to server\tomcat\conf\server.xml and change all the ports, so that there is no clash (for example change all the instances of 9443 to 9444 and so on).

For reasons of user authentication issues you may want to actually name the application context roots differently (such as qm2011 and qm3x, or qm1 and qm2). The different port itself will be enough to tell the two application apart, but there's a limitation that will cause the users to be forced to relog-in each time they switch from one app to the other if the contexts have the same name in both cases.
Rajesh Avanthi selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Feb 05 '14, 11:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Rajesh,
To follow up on Piotr's comment, here is a link to the 3.x infocenter that outline changing ports for both Tomcat and WAS 

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_ports_change.html

Ara

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.