It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can Design Manager reuse some of the Oracle users/schemas created for CLM?

paulo lacerda (3311414) | asked Oct 10 '12, 2:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

I'm will have only one oracle database for all CLM applications, including DM, can Design Manager reuse oracle users created for CLM (JTS and DW) instead of creating separated users as described in the installation procedure? If yes, I would only create DMUSER and VVCUSER users.

Reference: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rdmhelp/v4/topic/com.ibm.rcam.install.doc/topics/t_database_setup_oracle.html

Thank you,
 Paulo

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alex Fitzpatrick (5583816) | answered Oct 10 '12, 3:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I just verified this with development.

While you can share the oracle user between the databases, each application will need its own database / tablespace because there is some overlap in the schemas due to common storage frameworks.
paulo lacerda selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
paulo lacerda commented Oct 10 '12, 4:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Alex,

Even the DW has to be separated from the CLM DW?

Regards,
Paulo

Alex Fitzpatrick commented Oct 11 '12, 10:28 a.m. | edited Oct 11 '12, 10:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This FAQ suggests that all of CLM can share a data warehouse. I think that is also true for DM. I will try to confirm this.

Confirmed, you only need one DB for a data warehouse.

From development:
DM does not use the data warehouse, we do not have any ETL jobs to push data into the warehouse so RRDI is not supported. As for CLM applications, there is one data warehouse and all 3 applications have ETL jobs to push their data into that warehouse. The RRDI extracts it data from that warehouse. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.