It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Scripted CLM installation (including DM) & MTM

Liora Milbaum (513289118) | asked Mar 20 '16, 1:10 p.m.
edited Mar 21 '16, 12:05 a.m.
I have developed my own CLM scripted deployer, that installs MTM as well  as part of the 'repotools-jts.sh -setup' command.
The issue is that I want to add DM to the scripted deployer. I am using the IOT solution to install CLM+DM.  
But, the scripted MTM installation fails because there is no MTM sample data for DM.
How can I let the 'repotools-jts.sh -setup' command to install MTM for all available products, while ignoring DM?
The other possible way is to install CLM without DM, run the setup which installs MTM and after that install DM on top. This solutions is tedious and takes toם much time.

Thanks,
Liora

Accepted answer

permanent link
Danny Müller (1171020) | answered Mar 21 '16, 4:09 a.m.
That Money that matters fails for /dm when Rhapsody is used is a bug.
It is rumored to be fixed in 6.0.2. My PMR regarding this bug seems to be missing though.

Does this answer your question?
Danny

Liora Milbaum selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Liora Milbaum commented Mar 21 '16, 4:20 a.m. | edited Mar 21 '16, 4:21 a.m.

Danny,

Thanks for the info. You are absolutely right it is a bug. It is about time IBM adds Rhapsody DM sample project for MTM. Don't you think?

I am trying to bypass the bug by executing two phase setup. Installing all products in one shot but executing setup twice. First one, without Rhapsody DM + with MTM. Second one, with Rhapsody DM without MTM.  Hoping this works.

Thanks,
Liora

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Mar 21 '16, 6:10 a.m.

Hi Liora,

There is a note in the repotools setup documentation page (https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/r_repotools_setup.html) mentioning that the MTM creation will fail with DM Rhapsody installed:

includeLifecycleProjectStep     (default false and not required)
Set this attribute to "true" to include an optional step to instantiate lifecycle project templates. This will include a step that allows you to deploy templates such as the "Money That Matters" sample.
Note:
The Money That Matters sample project does not work with Rhapsody Design Manager. Setting this attribute to true will thus fail while running the setup command on a Jazz Team Server that has a Rhapsody Design Management application registered.

For information, the WI tracking this is:
Service to create the MTM sample during scripted setup should not attempt to create sample using Rhapsody DM

Regards,
François

Danny Müller commented Jul 17 '18, 5:05 a.m.

This has been announced to be fixed in 6.0.6

Danny Müller commented Jul 17 '18, 9:58 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.