It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

7511 Asset Attribute Constraints link with user problem

pan tianming (4765644) | asked Oct 10 '12, 1:12 a.m.
For the RAM 7511 In the "Asset type",  under "Constraints" tab, there is a  "Asset constraints" page which show the asset attribute. For each attribute, we may select " ".
But for this user selection , it will show multiple users with same name when search by user mail.
Then in the administion tab-> Repository Administrators, when search by this user email, it only get one result.
I checked RAM DB, it only have one record in the user id table.
Also , our LDAP not allow to specify multiple user with same id.
How the multiple user with same name come out?
Thanks. 

One answer

permanent link
Eric Bordeau (27632) | answered Oct 11 '12, 10:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've seen this before. I opened a defect: User search dialog sometimes shows the same user multiple times (74639)

A search is done after each key press. I think the problem may be that the results from one key press are not cleared before adding the results from the next key press. In my experience, this has been an intermittent problem... most likely some timing issue.

Comments
pan tianming commented Oct 14 '12, 9:35 p.m.

Eric,
Please let me know , if for example, we seach a user by its email "abc@us.ibm.com",  then get three same name "abc", is that means we can directly select one of them and it will point to same user id ?  If yes, the n it is only UI problem, we may continue select one of them for this function.
Please confirm  it.
Thanks.

Eric Bordeau commented Oct 15 '12, 9:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, that is the case for me. All of the "abc" items should be the same user.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.